Biker is suing me 6 months later (I was in a car)

One question......you said the detective and you asked the guy on the bike if he was all right. The lawyer said the above named claimant has named this attorney as" her" attorney for suit or collection. Was it a male or female that hit your car? That alone sounds a bit scamish to me.

It did say "her" in the letter, but the person was male (or appeared to be so and has a male name). There were 2 typos in the letter. The date part said 22th instead of 22nd and her instead of his/him.

I just got off the phone with my insurance and the investigator said this sounds fishy to him. Turns out he guy filed a police report a week later (I was never contacted by the police at all). In that report, he said a week later he discovered he broke his leg and drove himself to the ER. The investigator is doing some research into this...hopefully, it ends up being dropped, but regardless, my insurance will take care of it. It would likely raise my premiums a bit, but I guess that's just the curse I have to live with for assuming this guy wasn't an as***le and acknowledged he was at fault for being on the sidewalk and riding out in front of a car (moving slowly, but still).

It did say "her" in the letter, but the person was male (or appeared to be so and has a male name). There were 2 typos in the letter. The date part said 22th instead of 22nd and her instead of his/him.

I just got off the phone with my insurance and the investigator said this sounds fishy to him. Turns out he guy filed a police report a week later (I was never contacted by the police at all). In that report, he said a week later he discovered he broke his leg and drove himself to the ER. The investigator is doing some research into this...hopefully, it ends up being dropped, but regardless, my insurance will take care of it. It would likely raise my premiums a bit, but I guess that's just the curse I have to live with for assuming this guy wasn't an as***le and acknowledged he was at fault for being on the sidewalk and riding out in front of a car (moving slowly, but still).

It may be from a stock paperwork?
Maybe you ran over a tranny?

Now you know how police stay in business - all they are is a mobile witness to events for insurance purposes. I guess they prevent escalation of additional collateral damage too.

As I mentioned, no police report and I dunno how they're gonna press charges months later.

I like your argument - they were the ones operating illegally and ran into you and the proof is the victim at the time did not call the police to report an accident.

Either of you on behalf of your own insurance companies could have called the police, which likely will result in this case based on here-say being dissolved / dismissed.

No police report means no insurance moneys move anywhere, and for them to go after you civilly outside insurance is negligence to report the crime when it was happening.

Its an expensive lesson.

I hate police situations. I always photo the attacking cars plate first and demand cash immediately from the driver under threat of calling the police.

Last wreck destroyed my 50$ pants and the driver only had 10$ after I won the hit and run race. I always rather take the cash than have to interact with cops and most people would rather drop cash than wait on cops too.

Last edited:
Back