Bikes in the Trash

Wrench

Local time
6:15 AM
Found this in the neighborhood Trash. I was thinking of a project M/B, but before I could get it home a guy offered me $30
The guy said he's gonna make it into a M/B. I could feel his excitement so I gave it to him for free.
The dude lives just a few streets away so I'll be checking up on how his build is going.
DSCF2895.JPG
DSCF2898.JPG
DSCF2899.JPG
DSCF2900.JPG
DSCF2901.JPG

Sweet, any idea on the brand/year? There's a badge but can't see it in the pics. Some old bikes have some value.
I don't remember what the badge said, But it was a stick on metal badge
I took a pic of the badge but when I loaded it up it says pic failure. When I try to look at it on my camera it says pic failure.
I go by the dudes house and see what brand bike it is.

Last edited:
Sweet, any idea on the brand/year? There's a badge but can't see it in the pics. Some old bikes have some value.
OK, took some pics of the badge and the serial #
Micargi serial # MB0700735

I found this exact bike on Bikebarry for $299 I guess it was left out side and got all rusty It's not as old as I thought and it ain't worth much

DSCF2904.JPG
DSCF2906.JPG

Last edited:
This was left over from the big estate-property auction on my street a couple months ago:

1960's Western Auto Fairway Flyer. Has a Shimano 333 hub, back when Shimano made unreliable garbage. I put a leftover saddle and some wrong-size tubes in it, greased the hubs and it rides real nice.

Then I blew out my knee and I can barely walk, let alone ride. Dammit.

Back