Biking Crisfield Md.

try 1897

Local time
1:00 AM
Crisfield is southern Md on the Chesapeake bay. It's as flat as could be and bike friendly. Bikes everywhere but only seen two motorized other than mine. The law allows golf carts m bikes gas or electric and there are bike lanes and trails everywhere. I'm looking to build an electric trike with a solar panel roof next. My trike is the crabbing truck and goes probably 60 plus miles a day when it doesn't rain. Having alot of fun and enjoying life. Tom

Crisfield is southern Md on the Chesapeake bay. It's as flat as could be and bike friendly. Bikes everywhere but only seen two motorized other than mine. The law allows golf carts m bikes gas or electric and there are bike lanes and trails everywhere. I'm looking to build an electric trike with a solar panel roof next. My trike is the crabbing truck and goes probably 60 plus miles a day when it doesn't rain. Having alot of fun and enjoying life. Tom
1. Solar panels are crap/ libtard pozni schem. Harborfreight 100w solar panel is like 8 square feet big, and mind u only gets 100 watts in perfect conditions like in utopia or in movies.... Best to stick with a vintage nuclear fallout sign for the roof; looks good, and i found mind for free in a garbage pile on the side of the road, but u can buy them for 20 dollars of eBay. i am gonna add that to my bike trailler soon for looks.
2. What state is Md?? Is it part of Wyoming.

Maryland.......as in like Baltimore the place where all the drugs come from . I live south as you can go in Md. Close to Ocean City or Virginia beach.

Electric golf cart here running for its third year on solar roof and has never been plugged in ever. Used daily as a 25 mile commuter. Works for me.

A while back, a fellow built a solar, no-battery e-bike with a 100w motor. It wasn't fast, but it was light weight and trouble free. Alas, no assist on cloudy days.

haha that would b sad. couldn't use it in Ohio lol. how big was the panel?

Seems like the 2 panels on the 100w, no-battery bike were 12x18" or so. One mounted to the handle bars and the other on the rear cargo rack. He had a regulator wired between the panels and motor.
- you can Google solar bicycles and find this 100w project, but it will probably be on the 10th page or so.
-more recent solar bikes Ive seen involve mounting a bunch of panels and batteries on a converted trailer.

Seems like the 2 panels on the 100w, no-battery bike were 12x18" or so. One mounted to the handle bars and the other on the rear cargo rack. He had a regulator wired between the panels and motor.
- you can Google solar bicycles and find this 100w project, but it will probably be on the 10th page or so.
-more recent solar bikes Ive seen involve mounting a bunch of panels and batteries on a converted trailer.
My lady friends golf cart runs on its batteries of course and charges when parked . The panel is 4 x 6 feet roof and maintains the charge . It's a big machine with mag wheels and big off road looking tires. It will do 40+ mph and she drives 25 to 30 miles most days. Has lights and windshield that folds . Has canvas to inclose it like her jeep has and a heater defrost for our short winters. Nice sound system also. Never never been plugged in to charge in about 3-1/2 years. Her jeep has a dead battery from lack of use. Now it did cost more than the jeep did but the jeep was used. Tom

Back