Billet case am6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ya don't get me wrong id still like to have one, they look bad ass. I'll have to double check but I bought bushing earlier and that size might be available and cheaper. I'll send the link once I find it.

What I don't understand with all the work needed into building up a fancy china girl, and still use lots of the same crappy china internals, why didn't the guy just make a cnc bottom end that will accept all the internals and top end from a dirtbike engine, but have mounts like the china girl to fit a bike frame? Imagine a ktm50 or 65 that would drop into nearly any bike frame?

What I don't understand with all the work needed into building up a fancy china girl, and still use lots of the same crappy china internals, why didn't the guy just make a cnc bottom end that will accept all the internals and top end from a dirtbike engine, but have mounts like the china girl to fit a bike frame? Imagine a ktm50 or 65 that would drop into nearly any bike frame?
Because that is literally what KTM engine mounts are for lol??? Why would you make a billet bottom end just to add mounts to an engine?

I agree that's it's not really a china girl any more and tbh see no point because as was mentioned above it doesn't use a better crank that won't get clocked trying to make 12+ hp,it doesn't use a better clutch that can withstand the torque gains,and I said this when it came out and has proven true that the case was not designed right especially for what they are trying to get it to do.Ryan's ego has over blown and says the people whom built off his case have been successful but I've not seen one run much over 55 from any of them except of course bs bianchi whom claims over 80 with an edited/sped up video and small tired vehicle.His own that being Ryan,accelerated quickly to about 50 and with the gearing and 20"wheel was reving pretty high but no where near the 15k he claims,in my opinion a china girl done up right goes just as fast for a fraction of the cost of doing up hybrid's with far less work!

I agree that's it's not really a china girl any more and tbh see no point because as was mentioned above it doesn't use a better crank that won't get clocked trying to make 12+ hp,it doesn't use a better clutch that can withstand the torque gains,and I said this when it came out and has proven true that the case was not designed right especially for what they are trying to get it to do.Ryan's ego has over blown and says the people whom built off his case have been successful but I've not seen one run much over 55 from any of them except of course bs bianchi whom claims over 80 with an edited/sped up video and small tired vehicle.His own that being Ryan,accelerated quickly to about 50 and with the gearing and 20"wheel was reving pretty high but no where near the 15k he claims,in my opinion a china girl done up right goes just as fast for a fraction of the cost of doing up hybrid's with far less work!
Guy named Steve has one that does 60mph (verified with gopro overlay video with GPS) with aggressive 10/30 gearing on a small tire, comes out to almost 13k rpms. With proper gearing it should do 70-75. None of it is ZMS though, I think he built it all himself. He is a pilot and engineer who has a history of building 2strokes and homemade jet bikes though - not your normal MB hobbyist.

They can make great power, but I agree its not worth the price to still use a Chinese rotating assy. Clutch can hold with the billet plate/high pressure spring/better pads but a true plate clutch needs to be made to be more reliable with less power loss from slipping, but for $600+ I'm getting a used/wrecked dirt bike engine and having 18-20hp with a million times better reliability. At that point its really a small motorcycle though, not much will be left of the bike frame to hold 20hp safely/reliably.

A friend of mine biult 2 bikes with KTM engines. 1 on a frame he fabed himself with a 50cc, and 1 on a cruiser with a 65cc. Both strong but the 65 was insane. When he let me ride it I took it real easy in 1st while it was in 2nd gear still taking it a little easy and not full throttle when the pipe came on it pulled the front wheel. I'm a fairly conservative rider and was glad to get it home safely. I'm pretty sure it could easily twist the spokes out of the wheel.

Just found out today most of the 65s have a gearbox lol. Know of a shop that builds sand drag bikes and can lock out gears. A 2 or 3 speed would be perfect imo. Was already on cl but everything was pricey. Got a few bike salvage yards around....

Here's the link for the connecting rod bushings. He has 12mm bushings but I'm pretty sure the other dimensions are off. I used the 10x14x15 and it looked just like the day I put it in the last time I had the jug off.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
A friend of mine biult 2 bikes with KTM engines. 1 on a frame he fabed himself with a 50cc, and 1 on a cruiser with a 65cc. Both strong but the 65 was insane. When he let me ride it I took it real easy in 1st while it was in 2nd gear still taking it a little easy and not full throttle when the pipe came on it pulled the front wheel. I'm a fairly conservative rider and was glad to get it home safely. I'm pretty sure it could easily twist the spokes out of the wheel.
Thats badass lol. Maybe after my 4stroke is done I'll do a big 2stroke build.

Here's the link for the connecting rod bushings. He has 12mm bushings but I'm pretty sure the other dimensions are off. I used the 10x14x15 and it looked just like the day I put it in the last time I had the jug off.
You use the bushings or just a up graded bearing? I've always wondered how well a bushing would work without oil being fed under pressure for lub.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back