Billet case am6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the BMW bushing. Maybe 5 miles before the piston was hitting the head.

You use the bushings or just a up graded bearing? I've always wondered how well a bushing would work without oil being fed under pressure for lub.
I just used the bushing. It looked great the last time I had the jug off. Everything sounds good and runs good. Im not that gentle with it either lol.

Those cases look really cool and can make a ton of power for a bicycle but then it's not really a China girl anymore. I've already got more into my bike than what I could have bought a real motorbike for but this hobby is a ton of fun and I like working on my bike. Im sure the new bike will be the same. I keep looking at the Denardis engines and say some day some day.
What part of Canada are you from BigRig?
I'm in BC. Lots of hills here no matter where you go. Alas I did not get the engine this weekend. I figured I'll pop my China girl first. Then I will upgrade

I'm in BC. Lots of hills here no matter where you go. Alas I did not get the engine this weekend. I figured I'll pop my China girl first. Then I will upgrade
Yup nothing but mountains out there. Well I've got over 2000km on my girl and I'm not gentle on her at all and she's still going strong

I was wondering if it was worth it. I kinda got a golden ticket to get from zeda motorsports. Perhaps they're is another street legal engine I could slap in my bicycle for a better price? 66cc is legal limit in Canada l, but could always slap my gt5a plate on a bigger motor .
Beautiful finish,
I agree that's it's not really a china girl any more and tbh see no point because as was mentioned above it doesn't use a better crank that won't get clocked trying to make 12+ hp,it doesn't use a better clutch that can withstand the torque gains,and I said this when it came out and has proven true that the case was not designed right especially for what they are trying to get it to do.Ryan's ego has over blown and says the people whom built off his case have been successful but I've not seen one run much over 55 from any of them except of course bs bianchi whom claims over 80 with an edited/sped up video and small tired vehicle.His own that being Ryan,accelerated quickly to about 50 and with the gearing and 20"wheel was reving pretty high but no where near the 15k he claims,in my opinion a china girl done up right goes just as fast for a fraction of the cost of doing up hybrid's with far less work!
I give credit to where it due. The durability on those thing look crazy and the design definitely give more open room for modder to play around with giving it more flexibility options . If i had to choose a china doll or a billet hand down the billet longevity would out live the china doll.

Beautiful finish,

I give credit to where it due. The durability on those thing look crazy and the design definitely give more open room for modder to play around with giving it more flexibility options . If i had to choose a china doll or a billet hand down the billet longevity would out live the china doll.
[/QUOTE
You'd like to think so and should be right but not the case here,in his own billet case Ryan oval shaped the bearing bosses witch are supposed to be stronger but no!How did that happen you ask,well he say's the crank was balanced and trued but not welded and trying to make 15hp on a crank that's press fit together doesn't work so well when it's Chinese press fit.He think's the crank flexes while I'm sure the crank was clocked to cause the bearings to elongate their bosses.Myself and others have spun 12k in the stock case without issue and they last a long time it's the top end that has issues!One of this cases issues and I warned Ryan and others right from the start is there is alot of material in places you don't want it that will retain heat and wick heat down into the case and bearing area witch I believe is also a contributing factor to his current issue.Then there is the volume issue when he did this everyone wanted case reed but the way he did it adds alot of volume.This case has ample room for larger bore builds but unfortunately none will work to it's full potential,that am6 or any minirelli based jug at 70cc's or better are meant to turn 15-16k in race form and 12-14k in their stock form we don;t have the ignition or the crank to handle that and that's what this billet case is setup for the cheap china parts so reall it's a waste of time and money!

I see where you're going with this. I think there definitely will be more aftermark parts in the future made in the USA by different technicians and the billet case it look like an early stage. zeda motorsport has already offer the aluminum clutch gear on their website to ship out.

An alum. clutch gear? Well then.
Its just a billet pressure plate, not a full clutch gear. Actually flat unlike the stocker, and theoretically won't flex with an HD spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back