Billet Head or Not?

flashstar

Local time
1:39 PM
I built a 4 stroke HS bike over the summer and I was really impressed by its power when compared to these China Girl engines. With a flex pipe exhaust, the 4 stroke would put down so much power in the mid-range that I'm afraid to open the throttle up all of the way. It also cruises comfortably at 30 mph and 26 up large hills.

I'm getting ready to get my Thatsdax 70cc 2 stroke HT back on the road. I ordered in a SBP expansion chamber exhaust, a free-flowing intake filter, another smaller jet, and a billet intake.

It seems like a need to WOT my 2 stroke all of the time to get up the smallest of hills and to maintain my 26 mph flat cruising speed. This doesn't make much sense to me because 2 strokes can put out twice as much power as 4 strokes with a similar displacement. I'm not looking for enough power to dump me off the bike whenever I accelerate but I would like to maintain power up hills and around corners.

Will a billet head from Pirate Cycles make a big difference? Is it worth the $60 for the head and two new head gaskets? I believe that the Thatsdax engines have domed pistons so they "should" work with the billet head but I can't be positive.

What's your opinion?

Thanks

Back