Birddog Says Hello From MT

B

birddog

Hi,

Greetings from Big Sky Country. Where the men are men and the sheep run...errr...the bikes run good. :LOL:

I'm very impressed with this thriving forum. It is truly no small feat to get an informative, organized, successful forum up and running. Nice job guys.

As the founder of www.bicycle-engines.com (motorized bicycle products which were formerly found on www.birddogdistributing.com) I am thrilled to become part of the community.

My time is scarce these days, but I hope to learn a lot and maybe even lend an occassional hand or two.

Our new site features the Grubee SkyHawk Stage II Whopper Stopper Kits as well as parts for the now taboo StarFire/SkyHawk 2 stroke kits. We decided to continue to stock parts for these to support our customers.

I'm looking forward to reading input and getting to know the forum.

i consider that to be an entirely appropriate supplier's 1st post, a nice intro :)

in the future you may include a link in your signature, but we don't allow sellers to post their own links or actively promote their products. i'm sure you understand social interaction at MBc is a more effective sales-tool than active selling. so, if you're here to nurture a healthy consumer/supplier relationship, i think you'll find some great people to work with at MBc...all we ask as buyers is upfront & accurate information and a fair shake.

welcome to MBc :cool:

Welcome! I have used bicycle-engines.com a few times now, and they have been quick to deliver (within 5 days) and have given me great customer service when I have had questions. Josh has been particularly patient and helpful. Thanks Birddog!

Welcome to MBc. I also have purchased parts from bicycle-engines.com and was impressed with the speed of delivery.

i deleted your 3rd post where you posted your hours and phone number :(

good vendor, good parts...i'm baffled...

i wish i could figure out why the grube folks have to be so doggoned aggressive in their self-promotion...that just isn't cool, imo. don may be used to pushing around the competition, but he can't shove the consumer around, especially thru a 3rd party.

birddog, after some consideration, i've re-opened your account...PLEASE try to explain to us why the grube guys are so pushy...don can't possibly believe it's the way to our hearts.

try to explain yourself thru postive self-presentation instead of cutting the competition...sincerely, i want to know why things are as they are. i mean, i understand some of it, about the factory contracts and all, but why are you all so determined to alienate your potential customers?

Augidog,

I'm a little bit taken aback here. The comments that you are making about me are not true and I resent the accusations. I am an honest, legitimate business owner and I'm not trying to step on any toes here. I may be a little green to how MBc likes to run the forum, but this is a little ridiculous.

The first thing I want to address is that "I'M NOT DON'S GUY" or part of the "GRUBE FOLK". Let's just get that straight right off the bat. Don runs a company from which I purchase products. That is the extent of our relationship. I don't work for Don and I don't take orders from him. I'm the boss and anything I do or say is my sole responsibility.

My 2nd post is stating the facts. I'm sorry if you don't like Grubee, or the general consensus of the forum bears him some ill will. However, those are the facts. When you stop hearing the facts and start blanketing your domain with prejudice against one person, you have not only hurt the forum community, but you're also hurting yourself. The fact is, Grubee exports bicycle engine kits. People are going to talk about those products-people were asking about those products. That's why I don't understand this negative response. Forum members were asking questions and I provided an answer. Should the only posts I make be about things pertaining to Golden Eagle?

Whatever the problems are here with Grubee, they are not my problems. I should not be guilty by association. Yes, I get my kits from Don, but Grubee Inc. and China Gas are not my businesses and my policies and methods of doing business are my own.

My third post was merely in response to a reply that I received where azkronic mentioned calling me. I thought it was kosher to acknowledge him. I guess I didn't realize how much I need to tip toe around.

Just to be clear augidog, I am not out to negatively campaign against the competition. I'm giving factual answers in response to questions that people were asking. Why is kit A cheaper than kit B. Well, this is why-facts. I don't know how else to present it.

For someone who wants people to have a fair shake you sure are quick to judge me after 3 posts. I just hope that our products and service speaks (through the forum community) louder than your unfounded resentment. It's not fair for me to be under your brand partial spotlight simply for associating with someone you don't like.

I hope this response doesn't come off as harsh, but you were pretty harsh in your posts. I honestly hope that we can work together here.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks birddog, now we can talk.

your first 3 posts were barely within seller-guidelines, very enthusiastic about getting the contact info out there. did you happen to notice that we encouraged consumer-posting of your site? how would that be considered prejudiced on my part? we want an honest and reliable source for grube products, and it sure seems you are it.

instead of following past "grube-strategies", try NOT worrying about the competition and start answering techie questions about your products. help your customers instead of aggressively pursuing new ones, we will all be more comfortable that way.

btw- bill didn't ask for your phone number, he knows where to find it because we generously allow and even encourage our members to freely post info about sellers and products that work.

i have no problem continuing this dialogue, at least you're not cussin' or trying to manipulate me as others have done, which is sadly why i am so cynical...

Back