Black Friday Excursion (Mongoose)

Decided for $84 how could I not try this lol. Already has front disc and suspension fork. Hopefully there is room for a jackshaft... and $! I'm actually sort of relieved that it comes in the box and not touched by the good folks at wal mart.
20191129_084825.jpg

Busted out just 1 roll of electrical tape lol. Works good. I might try to find some kind of heat shrink covering to put over it or something. Maybe bend some sheet metal around the triangle and bolt it at the bottom. Something. Anyways it rides nice. Very similar to the gas moped for acceleration and speed.
20200301_175905.jpg

I have both grip shifters on the left which works cause you don't really have to pedal but i do plan on changing the front derailleur to a friction tab shifter i have outside in a shed right now. Only problem is i shoveled all the snow away from the door and there it's a foot of ice that's keeping the door frozen shut lol. It's been pretty nice maybe after a week i can get it open.

I have both grip shifters on the left which works cause you don't really have to pedal but i do plan on changing the front derailleur to a friction tab shifter i have outside in a shed right now. Only problem is i shoveled all the snow away from the door and there it's a foot of ice that's keeping the door frozen shut lol. It's been pretty nice maybe after a week i can get it open.

nice. i got my ebike out and adjusted the battery placement a bit. fun times riding again. have you tried making a cheap plywood battery box where you can remove battery if needed? thats what i usually do for my ebikes.

I tried that on that 36v bike i made for the wife but took it off and wrapped the batteries in tape. Every 1/8 inch narrower you can get the battery on a bike the better. I might see if i can design up some interlocking panels i can 3d print. My ender 3 only had 22cm by 22cm by 25 cm build area though so I'm not real sure.

If you go around to your local sign builder they might have some scraps of aluminum panels that have a composite core kicking around that you can get for free or cheap. I did that for some really cool mudflaps for my truck. Easy to cut with a plain old jigsaw or on your tablesaw.

Switched tires today and cut into some wires at the axle. Im going to cut the wires or de solder them, dremel the wire hole larger and smoother as it's quite sharp now, cut out the bad wire and re solder and shrink tube back together, wish me luck!
20200411_114748.jpg

Back