Black goo

Ok, im not sure what exactly I'm running ratio wise, I took the measure bottle and added about a quarter inch over the 40:1 ratio line for a heavier break in mixture.

You should look into the recommended mix, most of the bike engines don't last very long on leaner mixes.
This.

Most engines out there recommend around a 30 to 36:1 ratio after break-in is complete. Often around 25:1 in hot weather.

It is possible to run a slightly thinner mix with high quality oils, especially synthetics, but I will always favor a heavier mix ratio over potential damage to a motor.

Also, if you are having oil buildup dripping form the exhaust, you can remove the cap and try to clean it out.

Ok, im not sure what exactly I'm running ratio wise, I took the measure bottle and added about a quarter inch over the 40:1 ratio line for a heavier break in mixture.
Here is a screen shot of fuel/oil mix ratio chart below...for the first 2 tank fulls, use a 25:1 mix ratio...Once it's broken in, go to a 32:1 mix ratio.

25:1 ratio is 5.12 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas.

32:1 ratio is 4.0 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas.

(I use a kitchen use measuring cup to measure my ounces of oil)

Never mix your gas and oil in the gas tank as you will never get a consistant mix...I always use a 1 gallon gas jug filled with one gallon of gas and then I add the right amount of ounces of the 2 cycle oil to the gas and shake the mix vigorously in the gas jug before pouring it into the tank to ensure a consistant mix.

The best oil, (in my opinion for breakin purposes is Valvoline multi-purpose 2 cycle oil), for the first 2 tankfuls.

After breakin, I like to use full synthetic 2 cycle oil thereafter.

I use a high grade Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle full synthetic oil myself after breakin but many people use the Wal-mart brand 2 cycle synthetic which is probably OK as well...The choice is yours...lol.

Screenshot_2023-01-15_23-25-50.png

Does anyone know what the black oiley goo is that is coming out of my muffler? And how do I stop it.
You can take off the bottom cap like ImpulseRocket recommended to clean out the excess oil out of the exhaust.
Once your on the 32:1 mix after breakin, that oil residue out the exhaust should dissapate accordingly over time.

Back