Black Panther

Baverian

Local time
8:37 PM
24" black Whizzer Panther ,never fueled and still new,WC1 engine,mfd 07/02.
Whats it worth?

Attachments

• RIM00028.JPG
    RIM00028.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 489
H Baverian,

The model is a 2003 Pather. All 2003 Panthers were 24" and all were black. The Panther was only offered in 2003. The Panther has the WC-1 motor, and the cylinder should be upgraded. I have a 2003 Panther as a personal rider but runs a different cylinder & head.

Have fun,

Attachments

• 080120025.jpg
    080120025.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Selling a wc-1

Hi Bavarian, as always it is up to you what you do. BUT as for myself, no wc-1 ever passes thru my ownership without being upgraded, as I cannot bear the repercussions of what most certainly will be the results to the engine if a WC-1 is ever run hard, or gets very hot, or runs an extended lenght of time.

In my way of thinking, they exsist to become upgraded.

Mike

Hey Quenton,
Where do you hide that Black Panther? I don't remember seeing that. Was it one of the bikes you said you had at your office?
Jay

Nice bike... ! I've admired the Black Panther since it was released.

...as I cannot bear the repercussions of what most certainly will be the results to the engine if a WC-1 is ever run hard, or gets very hot, or runs an extended length of time.
Mike

They blow the steel head gasket about every 250-300 miles, the head bolt over the exhaust port is probably stripped from the assembly process at the manufacturing facility so you have to helicoil it in the parking lot of the truck stop in Wyoming, and at 1500-2000 miles the rings go bad so that it starts pumping oil into the combustion chamber. On most the valve seats come loose, my first one didn't seem to have that issue. We swapped engines in Illinois (bad rings); the second one never had the same 'Guts & Glory' the first one had straight outta the box; and it blew the rings just before the frame broke. :D

Hi Jay,

I am not sure where it was, I have so many Whizzers it is hard to keep track sometimes.

I think it was in the building with my wife's Pacemaker II, and my 1999. It is the second bike in the picture, but has a cast iron cylinder, a high compression head, a rear rack, larger seat, white wall tires, wide crhrome rims, tachometer, and turn signals now.

Have fun,

Attachments

• 2002 2003 1999 2001.jpg
    2002 2003 1999 2001.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Back