Blanket Federal Coverage for 50cc Ceiling - How?

G

gone_fishin

i have no idea if this will go anywhere...but i know a few of you are starting to get interested in a longer view...

so, let's say a group wanted to try and influence legislation that would empower a nationwide exemption at or below the 50cc/2hp level?

something like that would have to address epa-acceptable engines and motors, of course...but what if the main pillar of such a movement was an express willingness to stay under that ceiling...

where would you start if you wanted to make the leap from talk to action?

maybe i should just toss a fresh "48" on S-2.1 and head for dc? take several weeks and meander...see how many riders i could pick up on the way?

good day augidog

well this platform known as motoredbikes could actually put a dent in a new act or legislation,and you have a higher standing example moderator x 5? a overseer,thats all they the invisible act or statute makers need is a force of people,thats there worst nightmare is retaliation.youll never get a federal law,there the people who work on hearsay.no one knows about this movement so a moderator could show them thousands of papers to confuse them,thats what they do to us anyways,example taxes=bogus laws=bogus government=bogus.all they?want is a little money from the movement.and i dont know if its big enough yet.they dont care about safety of citizens or safety of vehicles,thats how they make illegal money from citizens,citations.quite an undertaking for sure,id help out as much as i could you can count on that!

Truthfully I think It would have to start at a more local level....Maybe influence local law makers and work up the the state level
like senators or delegates and have them lobby in DC (snowball effect)...Of course another option (although expensive) would be to hire a professional lobbyest (spelling?)....Or maybe a cheaper and still more easily done may be to make an online petition and have members or others give electronic signatures in support of proposed legislation...and forward it to the powers that be....I think it'd be tough and or expensive to do but it is probably worthwhile.....Hmmmm the "augidog statute"?

that would kill it for sure :p

i dunno, i'm about ready to just go shake my fist over the white house fence and yell at the bums and villians...stir it up in time for the elections...i know that'd be way more fun than a petition :devilish: :LOL:

anyway...i'm the MBc forum admin...that doesn't mean i'm MBc...i'd like to see some more activism, and i'd really like some leaders to step into the light and tell us what to do next...i'm ready to ride, and i'm pretty sure she'd make it all the way there, that's my strategy...this nation hasn't seen a good people's movement in like forever, man :cool:

oh, yeah! that doesn't mean i'm against an electronic petition, it just means i'm not your guy when it comes to leading that action, but MBc will gladly host it, u-betcha!!

Good on ya' fellas! I've been talking for a long time, but you know what? talk is cheap! I can sit here and say this or say that 'till the cows come home but until I act up, act out, do something; it doesn't mean a dang thing.
In another thread, I spoke of a petition, starting at your most local level, and following through all the way up to the top- at the federal level. Look man, It's not just a way of us helping ourselves, but a way of blazing new trails and changing the way things are going in this country...
I, unfortunately have no experience other than marching in protests, and sitting in sit in's, vigils, and the like. How do I go about starting this? How do I get started? Maybe talk to Tim Eyeman? He's changed things and gotten voters up in arms and actually created changes...
Maybe he can help give me an idea of where to get started...
We need to find someone like that, set them on one of our bikes, and tool around for a day. Once they've ridden they may understand a little better.
Augi, let me know when we're heading out on our ride on D.C.!
We'll raise the flag and see who salutes, eh?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
...It's not just a way of us helping ourselves, but a way of blazing new trails and changing the way things are going in this country...

Augi, let me know when we're heading out on our ride on D.C.!
We'll raise the flag and see who salutes, eh?!?
YES!

i figure as soon as spring lets us get across the mountains...

i have my flag that's flown over boston & was given to me by a city worker as i was passing by during a replacement...we'll bring it with us, eh?

Truthfully I think It would have to start at a more local level....Maybe influence local law makers and work up the the state level
like senators or delegates and have them lobby in DC (snowball effect)...Of course another option (although expensive) would be to hire a professional lobbyest (spelling?)....Or maybe a cheaper and still more easily done may be to make an online petition and have members or others give electronic signatures in support of proposed legislation...and forward it to the powers that be....I think it'd be tough and or expensive to do but it is probably worthwhile.....Hmmmm the "augidog statute"?

Starting on the local level and working up is the way to go. However, to be effective, you have to know where the laws at issue are.

For instance, in my home state of Indiana, we have about the best situation you are likely to find among states with regulations: With pedals, under 50cc, 2hp or under and design speed od 25mph or less- no registration or insurance needed, riders can be as young as 15. Therefore, I and my compatriots in this area have no real need for national legislation.

If a given state or municipality (or county) has regulations that provide a problem, take them on- not combatively, but demonstrating the advantages (primarily energy conservation). We are unlikely to gain enough juice to get anything done nationally. The only way that would happen is if the motorized bicycle industry was well enough organized with enough clout to make a difference. Meaning no disrespect, but most of the U.S. industry seems like a cottage industry that has not matured to an organized entity. It is much easier for individuals and small groups to influance states and smaller governments.

If we want to really screw things up- all we have to do is act like...you know...on our bikes. We need to know the rules and follow the rules. When I was learning to ride a bike- over 30 years ago, I was taught to ride with traffic...the same direction as cars and to use hand signals for turning and stopping. If we brushed up on courtesy- at least we would not give a reason to make laws against us.

I almost fear greater popularity of this hobby as the masses and their elected dunderheads often seem all too ready to ban anything new or different. All someone has to say is: "think of the children"...and we'll all be outlaws.

"think of the children!!" i love it...

that's exactly what i'm doing.

nice post...how you feel about heading up/guiding a clearing house for movements at any level?

i think corporate america and the petro-based government are playing right into our hands on this, so let's

"Let The Solution Be The Revolution."

a swing towards light 2-wheel transportation means:
less stressed population
physically healthier nation
less litigation re: auto/health insurance
way less drag on petroleum resources
development of new small-business industry based in the USA
real jobs with "meaning"...
and so on & so on...

Head up? No.

Advise, yes.

The old practice of law is downright busy at times...and now it looks like I may be buying a new house, so the present one needs to be fixed up for sale.

I spend enough time on this hobby (obsession) as it is.

had to ask, that's how things happen, eh?

your posts are great, & i'll happliy take what i can get :cool:

Back