Blogging My Progress - First Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfembiker

Local time
8:25 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been a member on the forum for three years now.... basically lurking and reading as much as possible about getting started.

I am about to embark on my first build (finally) and have decided to keep track of my progress using the blog.

I would appreciate any input or suggestions along the way. Try not to make fun of me too much.... I'm a chick so mistakes will most likely happen :) .

Anyway.... here is my first entry:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/blog.php?8126-nhfembiker

I'm not sure of the exact day I am going to get started, but it will be after this weekend when I have a couple hours free. I will update as much as I can to talk about how the build is going and any issues I run into.

I have a Titan Trailblazer that I've been pedaling for years.... but I purchased a Schwinn to add a motor to.

With some gorgeous weather in the next few months (hopefully, there's been a lot of rain), I'm anxious to get out and ride!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to some input and helpful support :)

Hi everyone,

I have been a member on the forum for three years now.... basically lurking and reading as much as possible about getting started.

I am about to embark on my first build (finally) and have decided to keep track of my progress using the blog.

I would appreciate any input or suggestions along the way. Try not to make fun of me too much.... I'm a chick so mistakes will most likely happen :) .

Anyway.... here is my first entry:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/blog.php?8126-nhfembiker

I'm not sure of the exact day I am going to get started, but it will be after this weekend when I have a couple hours free. I will update as much as I can to talk about how the build is going and any issues I run into.

I have a Titan Trailblazer that I've been pedaling for years.... but I purchased a Schwinn to add a motor to.

With some gorgeous weather in the next few months (hopefully, there's been a lot of rain), I'm anxious to get out and ride!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to some input and helpful support :)
Sounds like your looking for a simple kit? Check out flmotorbikes.com or bumblebeebolton.com-Bikeberry.com is a good site to. I perfer friction drive there simple and reliable. If you dont know how to work on engines i wouldn't vote for a chain drive. Flmotoredbikes has a good friction kit there around 500bucks though. Bumblebeebolton has a good friction kit also they go for about $249 and they are also very reliable. I think they are the easiest kit to install. theres one bolt! Fl motor bikes uses the honda engines they are good kits just a little bit more money.
hope you find the kit your looking for!! Good luck!

Congrats on being the first blog poster! You beat me to it :)

For anyone else wanting to blog simply navigate to the Blog section and click "Create New Post".

Flmotoredbikes has a good friction kit there around 500bucks though.

That's a Staton Inc and for less money for the real thing from the manufacturer rather than a reseller but if the OP wanted friction drive, they probably would have asked about that.

Last edited:
Thank you for the links, those are great sites. I thought I was sure about the kit I wanted, but now I'm not sure. There's a lot of options! Now I'm considering friction drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back