Blown 80cc HT engine

make sure piston is right way around, as that is common cause for breaking rings - I doubt I'd ever run that motor again unless I were totally sure I'd found all pieces of those rings

In the middle picture if you look to the far back beside the crank you can see a fragment melted to bottom end

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 168
Ring doesn't appear broken, pin looks fine. I see the bit of junk in the crank. Where did it come from?
This engine looks pretty good, rescuable. Pull her apart and clean her out?

Lots of blowby on the piston and rings don't look seated.

Steve

Yeah I know, I went through 2 sets of rings the first time I took the motor apart and a peice of one of the rings must have fell down in the bottom end, for the blowby I just switched the rings around and double checked how they were seated on the piston, the engine should look good it's only got 150 miles on it lol

your fingers in pic are coated with metal debris - no telling what's in bearings - clean everything REALLY well

looking at that picture it appears a stud has punctured the case. that's meant to be a blind hole. tear it down completely and get that metal debris out, then jb-weld the stud in place making sure it's an airtight seal.

Back