Blown head gasket?

Also looks like the electrode melted off and is in a splotch on the right side of the piston against the cylinder wall in the pic. If so just new piston and rings might be needed as well.

I meant the left stud holes in the picture. If it is cracked a new cylinder is in order. Not an expensive fix.

I knew what you meant. It screamed out I
At me when I viewed it. It was a little dark when I pulled it apart. If I went to go buy a new cylinder, it's a bit of a challenge to get the same diameter with with all the different chinese factories producing to them. At least that is what I've noticed with many other parts. I ended up purchasing a new motor from California motorbikes. Supposedly they have a balanced crank, upgraded bearings bearings and upgraded Hardware and bushings. I sure hope they're right. This motor had a lot of torque but it vibrated an awful lot from day one.

Also looks like the electrode melted off and is in a splotch on the right side of the piston against the cylinder wall in the pic. If so just new piston and rings might be needed as well.
Yeah, if that's the case, I'm glad I just bought a fresh motor!

there are many weird looking casting marks on all these motors - just clean and try it and see what happens

I knew what you meant. It screamed out I
At me when I viewed it. It was a little dark when I pulled it apart. If I went to go buy a new cylinder, it's a bit of a challenge to get the same diameter with with all the different chinese factories producing to them. At least that is what I've noticed with many other parts. I ended up purchasing a new motor from California motorbikes. Supposedly they have a balanced crank, upgraded bearings bearings and upgraded Hardware and bushings. I sure hope they're right. This motor had a lot of torque but it vibrated an awful lot from day one.
I bought one his motors ran good for about a week then turned into s**t did a compression test 60 PSI should be 115PSI told him he said that's ok nothing wrong being 50% loss of power.
Creep won't back a thing, bought one his throttles lasted a week right where the lead ball latches throttle it had a thin 1/16"' strip of plastic snap off.
Bought one of his carbs thing turned into fast junk had to play with the choke for 3 miles to find a position it would run on.
Had a 1" handle on right side half to take eyes off road to find the return spring flimsy 1/3 the length of mine and it's beef up to pull the cable through the housing.
Left my summary of Zane junk product he would not allow the review on his website warn others.

But for the fella with blown head take it to O'Rieley's Auto Part store ask to use there compression test its free, if it can hold 115PSI for 3 minutes it's not the problem.

I bought one his motors ran good for about a week then turned into sh*t did a compression test 60 PSI should be 115PSI told him he said that's ok nothing wrong being 50% loss of power.
Creep won't back a thing, bought one his throttles lasted a week right where the lead ball latches throttle it had a thin 1/16"' strip of plastic snap off.
Bought one of his carbs thing turned into fast junk had to play with the choke for 3 miles to find a position it would run on.
Had a 1" handle on right side half to take eyes off road to find the return spring flimsy 1/3 the length of mine and it's beef up to pull the cable through the housing.
Left my summary of Zane junk product he would not allow the review on his website warn others.

But for the fella with blown head take it to O'Rieley's Auto Part store ask to use there compression test its free, if it can hold 115PSI for 3 minutes it's not the problem.

Oh wow, that's not very comforting and sorry for your bad experience. How long ago did you buy the motor from him? He claims to have better bearings, bushings, balanced crank, etc now.

Oh wow, that's not very comforting and sorry for your bad experience. How long ago did you buy the motor from him? He claims to have better bearings, bushings, balanced crank, etc now.
That was last fall, I'd be screaming my head off but good thing happen I was working on it in front of a Home Depot a guy pulls up on an expensive beef up fat tire electric bike says, I got 2 spare bikes ones electric the other gaz you can have both if want em I said ok I'll take the gas.
He told me has not even put hundred miles on it's brand new.
The bike rides like a little demon from hell had power. Still running good on long hauls I half to take every day. Tried putting California motor back on thinking it was all just bad dream the reality hit again such a piece of garbage I cried.

So every motor I have order through the mail has had problems and undependable. This once hand delivered to me no mail.
So I theorize it could be an FBI mechanic at the post office seeking to block interstate transportation flight from justice. I have long history with the FBI they are never going to forget me.
Frog Big Incognito!

Back