"blue oni" 70cc mtb super moto!

This is th' bike I wanted to do before th' 47cc schwinn spoiler ( zeus zangeitsu).....but th' charisma of da spoiler seduced me to commit it to da back burner. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid....!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• photo_0003.jpg
    photo_0003.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 868
  • photo_0002.jpg
    photo_0002.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 675
  • photo_0005.jpg
    photo_0005.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,066
  • photo_0010.jpg
    photo_0010.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 602
  • photo_0006.jpg
    photo_0006.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 584
Egor, thank you.......this was my second attempt at rebuilding one of these engines( th' top half, anyway) that worked! I WAS gonna use th' old various parts piston / rings/and cyl. ......I sanded, and polished 'em pretty good. But, th' only upper rod bearing I could find was from my very FIRST engine.......... and it had a crack in it. Most of the local hardware stores had bearings that didnt fit right. Soooo.....I ordered a new piston, rings,upper rod bearings(4) and a cylinder. THATS why it looks "lean". Besides, I always wanted to see what these parts looked like in my hand. Pretty cool. I agree Egor.... The potential for vacuum leaks, and problematic, tune-ability issues had occured to me......but, these carbs are so simple and easy to deal with. I couldnt resist. Egor......... i agree. It helps to think how an old rochester Q-jet 4bbl.works when using the throttle. (the two primary barrels would do the majority of the work. But, at mid to full throttle.....the other two barrels would kick in.) I jetted th' primary carb (on the left) alittle rich.......th' secondary carb I jetted stock for now to see which way to tune it. Feels pretty good as is.....but I think it'd go faster with more jetting on the secondary.

Here are some more pics......

Attachments

• photo_0018.jpg
    photo_0018.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 267
  • photo_0019.jpg
    photo_0019.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 247
  • photo_0020.jpg
    photo_0020.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 234
  • photo_0021.jpg
    photo_0021.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 222
some more photos 4 ya....

Attachments

• photo_0022.jpg
    photo_0022.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 262
  • photo_0023.jpg
    photo_0023.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 236
  • photo_0025.jpg
    photo_0025.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 252
I gotta hand it to you, s.o.j... the dual carbs look cool and your execution is unique! I also like how you color-keyed various components to the frame's color. 180 those bars side-to-side!

:)~

One last mention.....The new bearings from cjr imports fit the newer engine rods perfectly. But, on this older engine.......I had to enlarge the upper rod bearing opening with the dremmel to make it fit. Although, I did leave a little space for the bearing to rotate in the upper rod opening to allow more oil to get in. I wonder if anyone else had to do this as well. The modification turned out alright so far.....no noises at idle or at speed. Runs great.......will have to get a bike speedo to keep track of any tuning improvements. Seat of the pants varification is too iffy. Again, thank you all for waiting for these pictures and i'll try to give more accurate results after further tuning. Brian.

Thank you, Bean oil! Originally, I was gonna paint it ALL blue.........but the silver looked so sexy............just could'nt do it. Saw your red bike as well...... VERY well detailed mounting components. Simple ....yet complex at the same time. Pretty cool! Have fun with your new baby!

P.S. Could'nt upload six pictures........three were close-ups of the "franken-engine" which I spoke about, but they wouldnt attach to the post.(sorry about that, Egor.) Modifications to the v-stack, and intake manifold pipe were also left out. UGGGGHH!!! My bad for th' choppy presentation.

Brian - Have you ever seen the throttle cable for a twin carb early honda, it splits half way down into two, like a CB77 Hawk. I was trying to think of a way that you could make it progressive. The only thing I can think of is making the number two cable wire longer so that you would have to run out of slack then that carb would move, but you would have to have a spring in the first sheath to continue. Oh well just a thought. Have fun, Dave
PS: Try these guy's OHIOCYCLE.COM CB-CL 160 CL is longer all would work. About 40.00

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool:Brian, your dual-carb setup is the bomb! The looks themselves is worth the cost of the installation.

When you activate the second carb, does it kick it hard?

How's your happy time gearbox coming along?

Myron

Back