Blue wire Kill-switch/Anti-theft device.

cutting out engine

I raced karts for years with the briggs motors and we never wired a kill switch
, we just pulled the spark plug wire or choked it out with a hand over the intake manifold, **** back int he day we just ran the motors with now air cleaners, wow we must have got lucky.

@george
If the kill switch is on the throttle simply don't use the connections(cap them off)
If the kill switch is seperate from the throttle either cap off the connections or take the switch off entirely.
If u do wanna use the connections at a later stage(eg,to power a horn etc) that option is always available.
If u want use the white wire to power lights etc at a later stage there's plenty of threads about that.

Thanks, Fetor. The switch is on the throttle, so I'll cap those two wires. From what I've read, I think I'll cap the white wire too, and go for battery-powered lights.

Ok guys from my kill switch I have a green wire and a yellow with red stripe wire my directions read
Black of cdi to black of motor
Blue of cdi to blue of motor
Green to ground ( I hooked it up to the other grounds Is that ok ? )
Yellow with red stripe to white

Now according to you guys I should cap off the white wire .
So should yellow go to blue ? Thanks

Yes to the grounds being together or yes to yellow wire connect to blue wire?
Crazeehorse what part of Tennessee are you in ? I am about ten mins south of Nashville

Yes to the yellow to the blue. the other wire (the green), should be hooked to a ground, which you can either ground it to the frame, or to the black wire, which is also a ground. it will work either way as long as it is grounded somewhere. i am about 140 miles west of nashville, in Carroll County, in other words, the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Putting a switch in the blue wire either to ground or in series results having in a few hundred volts ac around on your bike.Use a protected& waterproofed, good quality kill switch.It does not really matter which configuration is used shunt or series There is LOTS of RF junk on these wires,preferably twist them together to reduce EMI with speedos etc.The resistance is does not matter,since there is already a few hundred ohms in the power coil.

For people who don't want to use(or don't trust) the white wire as a kill switch use the blue wire.In it's standard form the white wire carries a voltage which shorts the magneto to stop the engine.With the blue wire u can still have the white wire to run a taillight/headlight and still safely kill your engine.
Simply disconnect your white wire kill switch portion and splice into the blue wire...put an on/off toggle switch anywhere u like.IF concealed it also acts as an anti-theft device.

Recognition given to Large Filipino.
View attachment 4209

i was wondering if i could do this with lol! hey good ole fector you know any good sites i could get fast shipping for a spark plug wire and cap?

Back