Boardtracker

Hey David, how's it going? I'm up here in the 'ham (locals will understand). Just wanted to let you know that the ride looks BOSS! Besides the other guy from Holly Pond. Are we the only Alabamians on here? I'm so stoked to find that I'm not the only one in this state that has an interest in these. I was beginning to consider consulting a shrink. Anyhoo, I've had a lot of coffee...off to work! PEACE!

Hi lowbeau,

Thanks for the input. If you want to see the Harley racer in person, It's entered in the Barber Motorsports Vintage Festival Antique Motorcycle show on Saturday October 10 (weather permitting.) If you are free, drop by the AMCA (Antique Motorcycle Club of America) exhibition area just inside the Barber Motorsports gate on the righthand side. We'll talk some boardtrack.

Here's a photo an AMCA member shared with me of a professional dirt track motorcycle race at the old Birmingham Fairgrounds Raceway taken in 1914-15. You can see the Vulcan in the background. It was at the Fairgrounds until the 1930s, when it was moved up to Red Mountain over looking the "Ham."

David

Attachments

• Scan0005 (3).jpg
    Scan0005 (3).jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,025
If I am in town that weekend I'll try to talk my better half into accompanying me. I haven't been to Barber's in two years, and I've been dying to take her. I hate that our bumbling city council and crooked mayor decided to raze the fairgrounds for some shoddy, tacky apartment complex that will be run down within five years. Sad part about it is that the mayor may be doing time before he sees the fruits of his wanton destruction. I mean how can someone just tear down a historical site like that? Okay, I'm going to get off my box now! Back to boardtracks.........

By the way, cool photo. It would make a righteous T-shirt (provided that permission is granted of course)

New Photo

Still working on this project. Hope to have it up and running at the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival in Birmingham, AL. in mid October.:D

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,691
Back