Bogging, Cutout, Electrical power problem need help?

Also check your exhaust. My bike is less than a year old (moderate milage) and I've needed to clean the soot out of the exhaust twice. It gets plugged up and gives similar symptoms.

That's not a bad idea bluegoat, other than that, I'd have a look at the float, it sounds like the fuel is being used up faster than the bowl fills up. The carb could even be plugged up a bit

Bogging Down

try this it has worked many times for myself and friends take the throttle connection /cable off of the carb and remove the spring and washer that is inside the plunger and reverse the black lock washer w/ the round plated washer.
Which ever is on top try putting it on the bottom and the other on top

you could potentially be traveling faster then the engine is spinning?? for example.. you throttle going down a hill, but if the speed your cruising at is faster then the engine can handle it will sound as if its bogging, but its just in reality not able to compete

just a thought?

I have a kings motorbike engine.

Here is my situation. When the bike is going up a hill, It is fine. But when I am on a level surface or going down a hill, the engine acts like it wants to cut out at high rpm. If I dont turn the throttle way down it bogs down but yet it almost seems electrical to me. It bogs for a little bit then jumps right back in.

Ive checked for air leakage and checked the wiring 3 times. Even changed the spark plug.

This bike now has about 1000 miles on it and I am just frustrated. This just started last week.

It works great at low to mid rpm, but I cant open it up. It acts like It wants to bog out. But like I said it sounds and feels electrical to me.

Check your coil connection by gently tugging on the wire where it goes in to the cdi.
Did you ride in the rain or snow ?
Did you remove the magneto cover and check the magneto cover for water in your electrical coils.
Did you seal the wires where they leave the magneto area.

I have a kings bushing engine too.
I had to drill my jet, and taper my needle.

The wonderful quality of the locally available gasoline is eating the solder I used to properly size my jet.

If you did not modify your jet stick a needle through it to make sure it is open.

My carb seems to attract dirt which clogs the jet as well.

Your air filter is dirty.
Your choke is partially on.
Clogged tank petcock.
Clogged fuel line.
Clogged float needle setup.
Air leak
a bad seal where the small gear meets the large on in the clutch housing
I forgot to add use fresh gasoline.
You may have water in your tank.
I have fixed all of these problems at one time or another.
Did you use the awful factory electrical fittings.
Are you using the awful factory kill switch .
Remove the kill switch and solder and tape the electrical connections.

Last edited:
Back