bogging down air leaks try this

I was using the fuel line that came with the motor, which looks like a fish tank pump tubing. which I believe is 1/4 in inner dia. I just recently bought the next size smaller, I was barely able to slip it on, which I finally though would work, but no dice. The only actual "fuel lines" that I have seen, are black. I love the idea of the clear tubing because I can see if the fuel is getting to the carby, but I may be forced to try the black "fuel Line" I was just hoping someone had some insight on a better clear fuel line that fits ultra snug on the brass fuel inlet on the carb.

so you say that the fuel line's end expands and gas leaks out, maybe you can try some small zip ties, 3 or 4 around the connection to the carb.

if you have a fuel filter on maybe you could use black rubber hose between the carby and fuel filter and clear between the fuel filter and tank you could also try
permatex non hardening form-a-gasket on the hose and carby fitting it should make a seal around the bottom of the ball on the fitting. great stuff it won't be affected by the fuel

(see attachment) You mean something like this? This actually worked for a couple of weeks, then the fuel squeezed by again somehow....I seriously do not get it. I think I will try to do the black fuel line from the carb to the filter. The part I like to see though is the that there is fuel in the line from the filter to the carby. Oh well, maybe I will try the gasket sealer.

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 294
I actually meant a real hose clamp,
it will tighten with even pressure all the way around
it should be installed under the wide "barb",
be carefull not to tighten so much as to cut the fuel line...
as soon as you see rubber squeezing thru the little slots, it's tight enough

:eek: I didn't know that they made hose clamps that small. I will check Pep Boys later. Thanks for all the tips

D

Back