bogging down at high rpm.

mark20

Local time
2:52 AM
so its been a week since i had put on the motor on my bike (fun factor was worth the struggle). but now im wondering whats going on, when i go WOT and hit about 27 mph the engines starts bogging, like its hitting a govener of some sorts, has any one experiences this, and how can i remedy it. or is it just normal to experience this. (ill post a video as soon as i figure out how to)

may be too rich, but wait till motor runs in more before trying serious tuning

may be too rich, but wait till motor runs in more before trying serious tuning
thanks for the advice, ive let it idle for 10 minute (to eliminate the its just cold)
here's the video of the problem (sorry for the bad quality, my phone was duct taped to me for a gopoor hero)

almost all of these engines with the stock carb the main jet is always too big and makes it 4 stroke at high rpm not much you can do unless you change the jet for a smaller one my engine low rpms it runs great mid high range it does that weird bog 4 stroking and after you get pass that its a rocket ship by that point you probably should slow down so you dont blow the motor

almost all of these engines with the stock carb the main jet is always too big and makes it 4 stroke at high rpm not much you can do unless you change the jet for a smaller one my engine low rpms it runs great mid high range it does that weird bog 4 stroking and after you get pass that its a rocket ship by that point you probably should slow down so you dont blow the motor
so, what im getting from this is i should down-jet? what size jet are you running?
also whats the stock size so i can get a reference.

heres a piture of the spark plug, it's a light grey color.
20181006_131338.jpg

Attachments

• 20181006_131403.jpg
    20181006_131403.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20181006_131345.jpg
    20181006_131345.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 105
its hard too tell what jet size you should go and use you should try you would have to take off the original one and compare also did you spark gap your plug?

UPDATE: I've cleaned my air filter, and moved the needle up one to lean, it runs great now!!

thanks for the advice, ive let it idle for 10 minute (to eliminate the its just cold)
here's the video of the problem (sorry for the bad quality, my phone was duct taped to me for a gopoor hero)

It doesn't sound rich or like it's 4 stroking,The bog is from being slightly rich and loading up from incomplete burn not making full power,the clean air filter and raising the clip on needle allows more air and more fuel so it seems you got lucky in finding the proper a/f ratio for now.As the break in is done you still may have to change the jet to maintain the proper ratio.

UPDATE: I've cleaned my air filter, and moved the needle up one to lean, it runs great now!!
good to hear i also moved my carb needle to the second to last lean setting runs great compared to the original stock middle

Back