Bolens BL110 Engine not starting

Apple

Local time
6:08 AM
Hey mates, it's apple here. I am working with an engine off of a BL110 weed whacker. I had it start with starter fluid for a second, but since then I haven't gotten it to start. Any ideas?
1547728520133.png

le engine posted above.

Where's the fuel tank at? Is the fuel bulb on the carb pumping fuel to the carb? If it is you should be able to tell by looking at the fuel line when pumping the bulb. From my experience your diaphragm in the carb is probably shot or a dirty carb.

Where's the fuel tank at? Is the fuel bulb on the carb pumping fuel to the carb? If it is you should be able to tell by looking at the fuel line when pumping the bulb. From my experience your diaphragm in the carb is probably shot or a dirty carb.
The tank is beneath what you see here. I replaced the fuel line with clear line, and I can see the gas moving through the system. How would one go about cleaning the carb?

Last time i had a weedwacker act up i just added a touch of seafoam to the mix then i started it up with starter fluid as you mentioned and the min i get it to start just constantly give it full gas and let it go back and fourth quickly so all the seafoam can pass through and clean it out.

Alright, I will give that a shot, thanks mate! If all else fails I might try replacing the carb, its like 15 bucks for a new one on Amazon, plus new lines and stuff, so... that may be my best bet.

Alright, I will give that a shot, thanks mate! If all else fails I might try replacing the carb, its like 15 bucks for a new one on Amazon, plus new lines and stuff, so... that may be my best bet.

if you get seafoam and you have a syringe you can take your fuel line off and put a SMALL bit right in the fuel line then prime it in then add just a tiny bit more into the tank *follow directions on how much to mix in tank* this way when you start the engine it gets a direct blast real quick

if you get seafoam and you have a syringe you can take your fuel line off and put a SMALL bit right in the fuel line then prime it in then add just a tiny bit more into the tank *follow directions on how much to mix in tank* this way when you start the engine it gets a direct blast real quick
I will try that, thanks for the help! I'll get back to this thread once I try these things, also I am going to adjust the jets on the carb, from what I have heard the carbs on these things aren't adjusted properly to begin with, that may be part of the problem as well.

Diaphragm with the metal circle check if it’s bad if it’s crinkled or hard/stiff it’s bad. Major weak point on these type engines it’s the pump gas.

Diaphragm with the metal circle check if it’s bad if it’s crinkled or hard/stiff it’s bad. Major weak point on these type engines it’s the pump gas.
Alright, I will check that once I get the chance. I appreciate the help from everyone!

Best to run non-ethanol, no problems with pumper carbs. Lucas gas treatment won't keep the rubber bits from getting distorted, it just prevents the gas going into phase separation when water gets into Ethanol 10% gasoline.

Back