BOLT THAT HOLDS SMALL GEAR WHEEL IN PLACE POPPED OUT!

yes! Been out messing with it an now i think it's somethng else. Got it to start runing an even rav up.After messing with the idle adjustment screw.It even with pull the bike but, it's like it does not get enought gas to keep it running.It dies out after a short period.I can engage the clutch an it idles WAY TO HIGH on full clutch engagement.Does better on half engagement.It's like when i get it started it will start to pull normally but bogs down an dies.If i pull the clutch in it will keep it running if i keep the throttle goosed up. ,but if i let it go it will die! (any ideas?)

the high idle sounds like an air leak, you can pull the fuel line and see if you get a steady trickle of fuel. you may have to set your float level, you can check for air leak by spraying with carb clean or brake kleen

Odds are when your woodruff key came out it took out the crank seal right behind it. I would start by checking that seal and see what happens.

pull the gear, pry out seal with small screwdriver, lubricate new seal and install carefully on crankshaft being careful not to nick the seal and you should be able to press it in with your fingers, install new woodruff key and bevel gear loctite new bolt and tighten. easy peasy.

Back