Bonneville Whizzer

It is official.....

Ron Dow in TX built it, ownership was transferred to Terry McAllister in IL, and soon to be added to my collection in NC. The Whizzer has 2 motors inline, with WC-1 bottom ends and NE top ends. I have agreed to build the motors up and run it at Bonneville in the near future. I will be testing it at a special track in NC to sort out all the details. Who knows how fast it will go, but I am thinking between 70 MPH and 100 MPH.

Have fun,

Attachments

• t's bike 4s.jpg
    t's bike 4s.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 1,005
Beyond cool. I think I would be looking for some brakes for it. You already have the "go" department well taken care of.

I plan on using disc brakes and DOT speed rated tires.
Of course on the salt flats I will have miles to bring it to a stop, however at the test track in NC the stopping power might be needed [and required].

Have fun,

Although I am crazy enough to ride it "As Is", I will make many changes prior to Bonneville.
It will have better brakes, high speed tires, fork brace, different seat, steering damper, different motor connection media, possible shortened frame, etc.

Having raced MC in the 60/70/80's I have the knowledge to make it much safer and faster. Considering how much I hate falling down I will add handling to the list of "things to do".

Have fun,

Back