Boost Bottle or Expanzion chamber; What's best for $ and power?

805lazy

Local time
1:54 AM
I already put the 32 tooth sprocket from spooky tooth on my happy times. I like the increased top speed, but it has a little less pull up hills and the bottom end, I need more POWER! I have a limited budget and want to eventually get both, should I get the boost bottle kit right away or hold off till I can afford an expansion chamber and get the boost bottle later? What have people experienced with either one or the combination of the two?

I would get the expansion chamber first. Thats an immediate power boost in low and mid range, something like another third more power,for me. Personally I'll never run without an expansion chamber. Id also do some porting on the intake and exhaust before I went to boost bottle...but thats just me! Cheers :giggle:

I make my own boost bottles, although some can't tell the difference when installed, I can on the ones I built. But everyone installing an expansion chamber says there is a BIG difference. I haven't ported, but from my automotive experience, porting helps...that is why ALL race cars are ported among other things.

Yep, a boost bottle doesn't compare to an expansion chamber for performance increase. Two strokes need a tuned pipe to work properly.
I'd love a chamber, but I'm concerned that the cops in this neck of the woods might consider it too motorbikeish. (Not a word?)
I've been seriously considering risking it anyway, but so far the law never takes a second look at me and I'd like to keep it that way.
All the same, (Paul), you never know, I might add one to my next order. Not sure if I can resist.

Steve you won't regret the X chamber! My bike accelerates up hill & I can take off from a dead stop with no peddling. :D I think it's time for a 32 tooth sprocket. I have a need for speed! :whistle: But got to fix broken rear mount studs (happened again on the second engine) Got 4 studs to fix now! :sick: Beside the bad frame angle, :unsure: it might be a torque issue with the X camber! It's a never ending battle!:smash:

Yeah, Dan, I'll probably buy one, just to perfect the build. It's one of the few things missing at this stage - that and a carb.
I'm not riding much now, but I still want to finish what I started, even if it just becomes a trophy.
I don't think I'd bother with a boost bottle, but a tuned pipe makes a big difference.

Carb + x chamber

The speed carb for the 66/80cc engine + the x chamber make a big differance. :D Fuel econamy went down but power went up! (Go figure) It's well worth it!!!

boost bottles suck... the only thing they boost is our $$$$. I bought one and will give it to you if you pay shipping.

Buy the expansion chamber hands down. There are a couple good ones from what I have read. I have 2 sick bikes chambers and they ROCK.

If you dont have a slant or high comp head, the nos is fun for a couple good pulls too. USE THE NOS VERY SPARINGLY.... A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. I find it best to squeeze very slightly.

Personally, boost is the lamest thing I can possibly ever imagine anyone doing to one of these.

An expansion chamber has real, ongoing, tangible benefits.

Back