Boost bottle position??

Dserna

Local time
9:16 AM
Does the boost bottle have to be mounted in a certain position? Or can I mount it where I show in the picture?

Attachments

• 20200323_072408.jpg
    20200323_072408.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 201
I put one on my bike but I didn't notice any difference, it didn't seem to do any harm so I left it there for a while, later I removed it. It don't matter where you mount the bottle it just has to be air tight. I mounted mine under the gas tank. The idea of them is a sound one, like a super charger might work, but I don't think it's enough or maybe just not really possible to make much of a difference on these little engines.

Last edited:
Thank you for answering, I didnt think anyone would. I think it is going to help but I need all the rest of the parts. I bought a Qiankun Bike Carb Racin Carburetor, Yingshop High Performance CDI Ignition Coil with 2-Wire Magneto Coil, Champion 811 (L82c) Copper Plus Small Engine plug, HGC 40mm Half Moon Silencer Muffler Exhaust, and a jetting kit. The exhaust already mad a huge difference. Can you suggest what jet size and gap for the plug. Thanks again!

If you're going to put some money into performance parts, then put a little time into the head. Most of the heads are a little sketchy right from the factory, and need a little love to perform well. Another great performer is the NGK B6HS plug, slightly longer than stock and fills the combustion a bit more. Buy a new head gasket before you take the head off.

Attachments

• scratch.jpg
    scratch.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 218
  • scratch1.jpg
    scratch1.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 183
If you're going to put some money into performance parts, then put a little time into the head. Most of the heads are a little sketchy right from the factory, and need a little love to perform well. Another great performer is the NGK B6HS plug, slightly longer than stock and fills the combustion a bit more. Buy a new head gasket before you take the head off.
What should I use to remove the scratches. And what do you suggest for the gap on the spart plug. Ideally im trying to get as much torque as I can. Top speed isnt a huge concern.. But hills and pick up speed are. Thanks for your advice

Spark plug gap = .025-.028. What I did for the scratches, I used the back side of a piece of mirror and laid down a sheet of 120 grit sandpaper, then placed head flat on the sandpaper and rubbed the head back and forth until the scratches were gone or substantially reduced, maybe a couple gouges at the edge that wouldn't sand off. Then I used a sheet of 320 grit sandpaper and polished up some more. Doing this along with anew head gasket will greatly reduce your chances of blowing out the gasket. My current engine had one side of the head torqued so tight that it left a huge impression in that side of the gasket, for sure that was going to leak. If you have access to a thin sheet of copper, then I would recommend cutting your own gasket from that. That will give you more compression and even more if you use the NGK plug.

Spark plug gap = .025-.028. What I did for the scratches, I used the back side of a piece of mirror and laid down a sheet of 120 grit sandpaper, then placed head flat on the sandpaper and rubbed the head back and forth until the scratches were gone or substantially reduced, maybe a couple gouges at the edge that wouldn't sand off. Then I used a sheet of 320 grit sandpaper and polished up some more. Doing this along with anew head gasket will greatly reduce your chances of blowing out the gasket. My current engine had one side of the head torqued so tight that it left a huge impression in that side of the gasket, for sure that was going to leak. If you have access to a thin sheet of copper, then I would recommend cutting your own gasket from that. That will give you more compression and even more if you use the NGK plug.
Ok will try. Thank you!!

A glass top coffee table works just as well as a mirror, that's just what i had that was perfectly flat.

Back