Boost on a 2 stroke

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
9:42 PM
It's been done in the past with snowmobiles, mopeds, some dirt bikes, and just standalone engines. What is the best way to make boost for a 2 stroke? To be honest, I don't know. I am a big fan of 2 stroke stuffing and I have been watching so many of his videos on his supercharged 2 stroke and trying to understand how it works. My goal of creating this thread is kind of to document my goal of creating boost on a motorized bike engine. For starters, I'm gonna use my YD100, ol' reliable, one piece jug. Me and my dad are going to try to rig something up, not sure what but something, to make boost on this engine. Even if it's half a pound, it's still boost. I think I might have to get a different type of carbuerator, one that doesn't rely on vacum but I cant be sure. It would be pretty cool to boost with an NT speed. If you guys know anything about this I appreciate all the info I can get. I've also been watching many videos explaining how it works, why you can or cannot create boost in a 2 stroke, listening to both sides of the argument. This will be an excited project, and allthough it will most likley never come to this, I can't imagine pulling up to school in a minarelli with a little turbo on the side.

The only factory made 2 stroke turbo i know of is the Skidoo 850 ETEC turbo
they make the same power as the standard ETEC but once you get into higher elevation it keeps the same amount of power which can be over 40HP in extreme cases.

from what i can tell they use 2 throttle bodies and hook the turbo to the end of the pipe (past the expansion chamber) then they re-route the turbos intake so that it doesn't interfere with the natural airflow, then the waste get gets controlled and lets the amount of boost necessary to keep the power level the same.

I'm sure you can run a regular carb in suck through design (hehe) rather than a blow-through design. (it might be harder to start cold, but once the turbo gets spooling your good to go.
piping would also need to be addressed (how are you going to get the cold air in and the hot air out?)
another problem is lubricating the turbo, The Skidoo motor uses a self-lubing turbo, you will need to figure out an oil system or a self-lube system similar to them.

supercharging imho would be much, much simpler, due to not needing an exhaust to spin anything up. you would just simply put the supercharger in front of the carb and figure out a pulley system for it to work.

It's been done in the past with snowmobiles, mopeds, some dirt bikes, and just standalone engines. What is the best way to make boost for a 2 stroke? To be honest, I don't know. I am a big fan of 2 stroke stuffing and I have been watching so many of his videos on his supercharged 2 stroke and trying to understand how it works. My goal of creating this thread is kind of to document my goal of creating boost on a motorized bike engine. For starters, I'm gonna use my YD100, ol' reliable, one piece jug. Me and my dad are going to try to rig something up, not sure what but something, to make boost on this engine. Even if it's half a pound, it's still boost. I think I might have to get a different type of carbuerator, one that doesn't rely on vacum but I cant be sure. It would be pretty cool to boost with an NT speed. If you guys know anything about this I appreciate all the info I can get. I've also been watching many videos explaining how it works, why you can or cannot create boost in a 2 stroke, listening to both sides of the argument. This will be an excited project, and allthough it will most likley never come to this, I can't imagine pulling up to school in a minarelli with a little turbo on the side.

What we decided was best with a China doll was to run a tiny supercharger off the crank on the magneto side. Steel reeds and a oko 24. Run a billet crank cause the stock china doll crank will not last. Swap bearings and convert to viton seals. Since you’re thinking of the yd100, swap the top end to a two piece ld100 jug and a billet head.

Nice, any chance you can get us some pics of it? id love to see the pulley setup (and what ratio as well?)

What we decided was best with a China doll was to run a tiny supercharger off the crank on the magneto side. Steel reeds and a oko 24. Run a billet crank cause the stock china doll crank will not last. Swap bearings and convert to viton seals. Since you’re thinking of the yd100, swap the top end to a two piece ld100 jug and a billet head.
Please send pictures, this sounds really intresting and cool. Was there a preformance increase?

Hey y'all so I'm pretty new to the 2 stroke bike sene but definitely love my bikes and want to go faster. My goal is to hit 62mph on a low budget. Pretty sure it's possible for an 80cc to go that fast lol I but i could definitely use some help with ideas and mods if possible. I used to run a KTM on circuit but hell that was 20+ years ago and I just rode the thing my pitman (great uncle) did all the motor work while I chased the girls lol. I saw some of y'all talking about spooling a supercharger and maybe how to and got me thinking. Would it work if you took the ability to pedal away and hooked a belt or chain to the back wheel/sprocket on the right side and hook that belt/chain to the supercharger to create the spooling for the forced air induction hooked to the carb mounted on the block. May sound stupid/probably is but what's the thoughts on that. Who's with me on starting Project ZK-62 get ZACH (me) to 62mph on an 80cc

Hey y'all so I'm pretty new to the 2 stroke bike sene but definitely love my bikes and want to go faster. My goal is to hit 62mph on a low budget. Pretty sure it's possible for an 80cc to go that fast lol I but i could definitely use some help with ideas and mods if possible. I used to run a KTM on circuit but hell that was 20+ years ago and I just rode the thing my pitman (great uncle) did all the motor work while I chased the girls lol. I saw some of y'all talking about spooling a supercharger and maybe how to and got me thinking. Would it work if you took the ability to pedal away and hooked a belt or chain to the back wheel/sprocket on the right side and hook that belt/chain to the supercharger to create the spooling for the forced air induction hooked to the carb mounted on the block. May sound stupid/probably is but what's the thoughts on that. Who's with me on starting Project ZK-62 get ZACH (me) to 62mph on an 80cc
You don't need forced induction to hit 75mph.

Back