Boost Problems, someone help :(

Ashley1234

Local time
1:05 PM
I just put on my boost bottle and i used to ride comfortably around 30km/h with minimal vibration, my top speed was about 36km/h. now that the boost bottle is on, theres lots of vibration around 27km/h and top speed is 32. i thought it was supposed to do the opposite of this. someone help please?

if anyone has any other info or had similar problems, i'd like to know how you fixed it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi ashley, here are my tests with my boost bottle. I didnt get better results at top speed. It helped mainly at lo end speeds.
Tests were run using my silver beast. I weigh 212. Runs were shorter because I didnt want to blow the cheap ebay "boy go fast" engine up. Tests were best at low-end. Diminished at hi-end.

Test 1. Steep hill 22deg. incline. 200 ft from a dead stop.
________________________ No boost______With boost bottle
_________________________16 mph________18 mph

Test 2. Flat grade no wind. From a dead stop.

________________50 ft______11 mph_______13 mph

________________100ft _____17 mph_______18 mph

________________150ft_____ 21 mph_______ 20 mph

________________200ft_____24 mph_______ 23 mph

Test 3. Flat grade no wind
slowest speed without the
bike-jerking
__________________________3mph_________2mph

Test 4. Bike at Idle.
________________________ No boost______With boost
_________________________smooth_______smoother

Test 5. Flat grade no wind.
Hydrogen/oxygen Boosted-
from onboard hydrogen fuel cell
Injected through the
boost bottle intake port.
(Along with the throttled gasoline oil mixed @ 20-1)
____________________________ No boost bottle.
_____________________________200 ft 30 mph wow! 6 mph faster than above. Hydrogen/oxygen supercharged the fuel.
Backed-off before I blew her up.

Attachments

• 80cc_HT.jpg
    80cc_HT.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
i'd stick a cork in it. leave the boost! all you need is alil Nitro fuel in the mix..
hit up your local RC store for nitro car n truck fuel. what i have is called Blue Thunder.
dont use too much it'll cause your engine to over lean.
at high temps the nitro will turn into a lube. just a shooter full in each tank. shake the tank to mix each ride. be carefull. hit me up tell me how it goes. L8a
b-ri

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be getting an air leak somewhere. Check all your fittings. Maybe take a pic so we can see how you have it. Did you O ring your carb?

I second Large's opionion. I would make sure that you have a good gasket between the intake pipe and the engine and put some kind of clamp or zipties on the barbed fittings for the boost bottle. The gasket that came in my kit was junk-just thin paper. I made a new one out of grey gasket material and gave it a light coat of RTV on both sides when stuck it on.

Pete

You may be getting an air leak somewhere. Check all your fittings. Maybe take a pic so we can see how you have it. Did you O ring your carb?

AMEN BROTHER LARGE
sounds like a vacume leack to me, check the hose, intake the nipple, and the bottle its self. btw if the bottle is aluminum aluminu*** ( cannit spell) is porus, if there is no liner/selant in the bottle it may suck air through the bottle.
just ask any old school hotrodder with vitage alum wheels. seen it myself.

i'd stick a cork in it. f the boost! all you need is alil Nitro fuel in the mix..
hit up your local RC store for nitro car n truck fuel. what i have is called Blue Thunder.
dont use too much it'll cause your engine to over lean.
at high temps the nitro will turn into a lube. just a shooter full in each tank. shake the tank to mix each ride. be carefull. hit me up tell me how it goes. L8a
b-ri

Nitro doesn't turn into lube. Adding any fuel that requires a richer mixture to obtain the correct stoichioometric ratios will cause it to run leaner. Too lean and your engine is toast. A boost bottle has been shown to work in other 2 strokes. Our HT engines are the exception because they are already tuned for maximum extreme peak performance and have little else left to offer.

the nitro i have does turn into a Lubricant. at higher tempratures it prevents overlean or something like that. it's an addidtive in the nitro i have. i can quote the bottle if you like..

when i run too much nitro and it over heats it'll burn and not stop even if i hold the kill switch. only if i cut the air it'll stop. so i dont put too much in. cus it'll get hot.

Nitro does not equal model engine fuel. Model engine fuel is methanol, synthetic oil, castor oil, and nitromethane. Castor oil is the only ingredient in nitromethanol fuel that turns into a dry lubricant when the engine is overheated.

Most model engines, particularly the ABC engines with interference fit pistons (no rings on these puppies) are hard to destroy from overheating. As the engine gets hotter, the taper in the cylinder disappears (cylinder expands) meaning less compression, less power, less friction, less risk of seizure.

Overlean is based on mixture setting not on lubricant qualities. Don't mindlessly repeat what's on a label without fully understanding what it means especially when you are recommending something that can destroy someone elses engine very easily.

Back