Boston Ma. - Any interest for a group ride?

shawnshank

Local time
11:52 PM
I'm posting this to see what the interest would be like for a ride in the Boston ma. area.
Anyone?

Hey Shawn My 2 friends and I are willing anytime to ride, day, night, weekend. I am going to go ride now, maybe youll see me passing by.

I had no idea there were so many mber's in the Boston area. This is going to be good.
I know of a group of moped riders that meet in Cambridge on Wednesday nights. Maybe we can decend upon their group ride and all join up? They told me mber's are welcome.
What do you all think? They organize every Wednesday and there is saftey in numbers.

I'm game, any night would work for me as long as it's after say 9pm when baby goes to sleep and wifey can hold down the fort. I don't want to be the only jerk on a MB with a bunch of scooterheads though. Can we do a pm or a chat room to verify who will attend. It would also be nice to grab a couple of drinks before/during/after the ride.

Are you sure our MB's will keep up woth the scooters? i know even with my shift kit, a stock HT setup has better accelleration than my bike, and a scooter has much better acceleration.

well the scooters might have faster takeoff than us, but we made our bikes ourselves. and we don't look retarded using the pedals they came with. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
It was just a thought. We don't have to ride with anyone but ourselves.
I didn't make any solid plans to meet up with them I just thought it might be funny to see a bunch of mber's decend upon a moped get together.
Mopeds aren't much faster than my mb. I've had both. The accelration is quicker on a moped but the top end is close.

i think a plan is in order. Should we just make a date and see who can make it or should we somehow discuss it as a group?
I think drinks before after or during would be a great idea :D

Are you sure our MB's will keep up woth the scooters? i know even with my shift kit, a stock HT setup has better accelleration than my bike, and a scooter has much better acceleration.

Back