Bottom bracket question - specs are confusing.

Rusty_S85

Local time
2:32 PM
On my GT2A frame I am placing a order for my bottom bracket pieces. Problem is I am looking at black one piece bracket sets on Amazon only one I find is the Sunlite one that is listed as 24 TPI / 68mm. Is this the size that fits on these frames? I looked on Niagra and they really don't give dimensions so I don't know what that 68mm is for. I know the Sunlite black crank I am looking at in 6 1/2" arm length is threaded 24 TPI so I know the threads are right. But with the bottom bracket not being a prime eligible item I hate to wait possibly a week or more to find out its not right.

Never mind, the mm is the width of the bottom bracket which mine is 68mm wide roughly so the 24 TPI/68mm is the kit I need.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Nice. I am looking more at the vintage one piece set ups myself. I guess I am just old school.

I got the crank and the bottom bracket picked out both are sunlite brand in black. I am how ever looking for a single speed chain ring in black as well. I don't think I will be able to find one on amazon let alone in the tooth count I need for 2:1 ratio. Might have to go to that vintage shop online I found that sell new and antique bicycle parts. I can also buy the fender set from them as well they got a ducktail half fender set that would work good for my build.

Back