Exhaust Bottom of exhaust pipe has oil on it

rjriggs

Local time
5:31 PM
I have several issues with my first build. I'll post about them separately to keep the topics separate. This one is about my oily exhaust pipe.

The bottom part of my exhaust pipe, the part nearest the ground, has oil on it after every ride. Not much, just a thin layer. Is this normal, or is there something that needs to be corrected?

I have several issues with my first build. I'll post about them separately to keep the topics separate. This one is about my oily exhaust pipe.

The bottom part of my exhaust pipe, the part nearest the ground, has oil on it after every ride. Not much, just a thin layer. Is this normal, or is there something that needs to be corrected?

yup on a 2 stroke thats perfectly normal, thats just oil in the gasoline that hasn't been burnt off

You do not want all your oil to burn as you want some to lubricate. If all the oil burnt your motor would not last long. Yes this is normal on a 2 cycle.

No matter the oil ration you will always have some oil coming out the of the exhaust. My marks its spot every time I park it.

I run 40:1 and I get residue around the muffler end but I don't get any dripping goin on.

I run 25 or 36 to 1. I sure hope you took the motor apart and cleaned it out well if you are going to break it in on 40 to 1. I think why most recommend to run it so rich with oil is they put these motors together in a sand box. Both my eBay motor and my Grubee had WAY TOO much trash in them. You could even see the shiny metal shavings along with a bunch of grit.

Nope. Filled er up and took off. What you said is probably true but I aint got time for that :D I'll probably pay for it later on.

Back