Bought a 48 Whizzer

Jay, Are you going with the H cylinder or opting for a later style larger port cylinder for the project?

Hi Jay,

I think it is the same carburetor, it is the one I got from Ron Dow a couple of years ago.

The cylinder is a highly modified late "H" cylinder with a larger intake port than the stock "300". The exhaust is opened to the limit and almost as large as the later cylinder. Using a modifiied Clinton piston, 27 MM intake valve, and 25 MM exhaust valve. Original needle crankshaft rebuild, & valve work done by Dave Reese. Dave also bored the cylinder for the Clinton O.S. piston. I will do some additional port work and re-work a "300" head.
Lots more to do to his motor including modifying the valve train [progressive springs, lightened lifters, etc], camshaft options, tuned exhaust, and ignition module.

Have fun,

I bought one of those roller bearing cranks on Ebay. It came today. You want me to send it along with the extended breather & module? You can check it out & use it on my bike or give it back to me when you ship my engine back. I don't care if you use it on my bike. I just thought maybe you'd want to check out the ones they are selling on Ebay.
Jay

Good Job Jay! I guess I need to put some pics up of my '74 Schwinn, with modified J engine ? I have put a bunch of old left-over parts, and a new engine by Quenton on it?

I just found some really important info for you (and some others)!
This info is "Hot off the Press" (actually fresh from the eMail) Written in the finest Engrish of the time, prepare yourselves accordingly.

From 1962 Honda motorcycle Handbook

Rules of the Road to keep in mind.

1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop
rapidly. Do not pass him by or otherwise disrespect
him.

2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight,
tootel the horn trumpet melodiously at first. If he
still obstacles your passage, tootel him with vigor
and express by word of mouth, warning Hi, Hi.

3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall
not take fright as you pass him. Do not explode the
exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.

4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes
sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with
wheel spokes.

5. Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there
lurks the skid demon. Press the brake foot as you roll
around the corners, and save the collapse and tie
up.

Properly applied, these 'Words of Wisdom', should help light your path. And help you have a good day of riding.

Mike

Last edited:
I got the engine back from Quenton yesterday. I got it running today. I didn't take it out for a ride but it seems strong. It has one of the "Weber style" ground cams that we now have.

Had it out today for the first time. Need to dial in the carb but has lots of power. Bonnie heard it run & said I need to put a video on so everyone can hear it.

Back