Bought motor kit off ebay.

oh ok, i know exactly where you talking about.

where the piston is connected to the rod.

just need some clarification, thanks

i wonder if the kit the Powerkingshop sells is bearing style, anyone know ?

Not sure if they have roller bearings. Their ads only state that they use Japanese bearings.

Last edited:
The boygofast ones are bearing.

The VW 1200c motors with bushing last a long time presumably because the bushings are bathed in oil and use an oil pump.

Our motors only have abit of oil in the petrol mix and no pump and hence I still say bearings are superior in this environment.

Sorry, I just can't agree with that. I'll take bushings every time.

Chinese manufacturing vs. German Manufacturing
Chinese engineering vs. German Engineering
Chinese Quality Control vs. German Quality Control

'nuff said. Of course the German motors are going to work better.

If you want to compare Chinese Bearings vs. Chinese Bushings, well my money's on the bearings without a second thought about it. It's a no-brainer.

He (Rick Shi) has both only until lately are you able to get a Roller Bearing generation Kit from him. I have built 3 and they said 80cc though but they were all boygofast and theyre all Bushing bearing crank and wrist pin bushing bearings the only ss bearing bearings in them were the outer crank bearings. I have 2200+ Miles on mine and running strong. I like the Bushing Bearing style too. But Id have to say if parts were cheap and locally avail Id rebuild the top end every 2000 miles just like a 2 stroke dirt bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was reading about the slant head engines, so i came here to ask about them.
so the big difference is the head and it now has needle bearings for the bottom end?

and who ever was talking about the VW 1196cc engines are you referring to bushings as just standard main bearings? because those are the only bearings you can get for VW engines. roller cranks went out years ago because of how easy the let loose.

Back