Bought motor kit off ebay.

lildeezul

Local time
5:40 PM
HI, i just bought a motor kit off ebay.
it will be my first time having a motorized bike.
I think i will mount this on a mountain bike, but also i like to moon dog.

I bought it from Powerkingshop. with that viking dude on the page..

has anyone dealt with this guy and engine.

I bought the 49cc engine, and then after i bought it, i seen one from the same guy selling a 80cc for the same price.

but oh well.. we will see how this one goes.

hi; search powerking and moon dog and read read read. you do not have to reinvent the wheel, what you want to know has been done. welcome mitch

yeah thats what i have used for a year and works good but i deal with them also and have found some are good and some may have a diffrent setup the best kits to get is the one that has a bushing setup not a bearing style the bushing setup last a long time 8k later its time for a new bushing

now i will be honest i have not tested the slant head bearing setup to its advantge yet so i cant give any info on it but also be carful with the 70cc kits not to over rev they are well known to run them selfs to death

(that gose for any 70cc kit out ther) use 36-40t if you whant speed

what i have used is 48cc kit and that is all i will deal with and just wont back up 70cc kits

but i will take a bulit for a 48cc pk kit thats how much faith i have in one
just treat it right and have respect for the lil engine and treat it good and you can never go wrong

later

yeah, ill ordered the 48cc engine from PK...

anyways, yeah it comes with a 44 tooth, and i was thinking of putting a 36 in there, but wondering if the 49cc can push the sprocket uphills and wat not.

i am only 5 foot 10, and 140 lbs

yeah thats what i have used for a year and works good but i deal with them also and have found some are good and some may have a diffrent setup the best kits to get is the one that has a bushing setup not a bearing style the bushing setup last a long time 8k later its time for a new bushing

now i will be honest i have not tested the slant head bearing setup to its advantge yet so i cant give any info on it but also be carful with the 70cc kits not to over rev they are well known to run them selfs to death

(that gose for any 70cc kit out ther) use 36-40t if you whant speed

what i have used is 48cc kit and that is all i will deal with and just wont back up 70cc kits

but i will take a bulit for a 48cc pk kit thats how much faith i have in one
just treat it right and have respect for the lil engine and treat it good and you can never go wrong

later

YES YES YES! Turbo you are so right. The bushings are the way to go, I rebuilt VW 1200cc motors for years with simple bushings... It's all in the break in. I have now 3000 miles on my Kings motor, and I plan to catch you with your 8000 someday! And again, your right, treat the motor well, and don't run the **** out of it...

can you please inform me of what you all are talking about when you say bushing style, and not bearing..??

if mine is bearing, where could i find this bushing style.
but please explain what this is. thanks

are the 80 c.c. kits that boygofast sells on ebay bushing or bearing ?

The boygofast ones are bearing.

The VW 1200c motors with bushing last a long time presumably because the bushings are bathed in oil and use an oil pump.

Our motors only have abit of oil in the petrol mix and no pump and hence I still say bearings are superior in this environment.

There is just no way in the world that I would choose bushing over bearing. Why would you think they're better? Bushing=Friction=Loss of power to the wheels. PERIOD.

I spent many years flying airplanes, helicopters, and racing on-road 1/8 scale cars - the $2000+ ones...it was serious, and I was racing on the state level. I used motors with BEARINGS to support the crank and the clutch bell. There is just absolutely NO WAY a bushed motor can keep up with a bearing motor.

I'm not saying a bushed motor will not run, what I'm saying is that bushings cause friction, no matter how much oil you use, and a bearing creates much much much less friction. Look at the difference between an OS 40 that they stick in all the trainer airplanes compared to the OX 40 AX. Night and day. Oh, and bushing motors SHOULD COST LESS, TOO -- bearings cost much more to produce than bushings.

Don't ya think they would put bushings in Indy Cars or even your regular old car in your driveway, or say your bicycle wheels if they thought they were better than bearings?

That's why I went with a BGF motor...just my personal, biased opinion for some FRIENDLY discussion. :)

Last edited:
can you please inform me of what you all are talking about when you say bushing style, and not bearing..??

if mine is bearing, where could i find this bushing style.
but please explain what this is. thanks

Basically the piston is attached to the small end of the conrod. There is a bearing that holds the piston on to the conrod, obvioulsy there would be too much friction if it were just the two components rubbing on each other. So either a bushing or a bearing is inserted to minimise this friction and make the components move smoother. The bearing type is a needle bearing (also called a roller bearing) they look like this http://www.globalspec.com/NpaPics/40/525_061420041448_ExhibitPic.jpg. There is much less friction on these and the components will move much easier. The other type is a bushing, which is just a brass ring put in, the brass is low friction but no where near as low as a bearing. But as long as the engine is lubricated well enough and looked after a brass bushing will hold up just as well as a needle bearing.
Fastboy

Back