Bought much needed upgrades

I've got really wide rims too, 35-36mm inner width (using a tape measure that only does inches, a tad under 1 1/2 inches), so they should be wider than 2.5". I hope the 710 doesn't disappoint me, so sick of replacing the right side jackshaft chain. I'm such a procrastinator, the chain and tires are due on thursday, practice is friday and race day is saturday lol :D.

Last edited:
I have 39mm rims and they are a hair under.

20190607_163657.jpg

Yeah, they are great for leaning into turns. Tread is at least half the side wall!

Imma enjoy them, I'm sure of it. My current nylon cheapo slicks are a little scary, not much grip to really be had. Last race I was chattering my sidewalls.

Those hookworms look like a good tire for a FD. Do they come with a puncture resistant liner? Kevlar belt or similar? Lots of depth to the tread to be able to judge how much wear you have.

Tires came in, pleased with the speed of shipping, just wish they didn't fold fold them up so tightly... Had to straighten out the wire bead, around a dozen bends on each side...
Turns out bike_deals on ebay is bikeberry, wish I knew that. I'd rather not give them cash since them shipping the wrong part caused me to lose my job. Which side should the colored writing be on? It's all black on one side and has the colored writing on the other.

Back