Bouncy chain

Ilikebikes._

Local time
1:02 PM
What are some solutions to bouncy chains. I noticed that the chain doesnt seem to move up and down to the back sprocket. I have centered the sprocket many times. My bike has a 1.5 inch shaft or axle what ever the spokes are mounted to so if there are any good sprockets that mount there. Preferably a 40 tooth if you want to recommend one

sounds like you're talking about a hub adapter to fit a 1.5 inch hub

use search on this board to find several and some info about which are best

I stuck a 2nd tensioner barely touching the top chain to get rid of chain flop.

Properly tension your wheel spokes then dial in the sprocket alignment by tightening your ragjoint bolts to keep it true.
Problems solved by proper mechanical practice.

I listened to the experience of others and I used:
a hub adapter (though mine is homemade),
perfect alignment of the sprockets by measuring not eyeballing it,
a tensioner that's mounted to both rear stays (so it can't possibly twist into the spokes),
a chain controller for the upper run of chain (to prevent bounce and harmonic vibration),
and a lighter chain (less mass is easier to control and wastes less power).

What are some solutions to bouncy chains. I noticed that the chain doesnt seem to move up and down to the back sprocket. I have centered the sprocket many times. My bike has a 1.5 inch shaft or axle what ever the spokes are mounted to so if there are any good sprockets that mount there. Preferably a 40 tooth if you want to recommend one
Is what ya gotta do is losen your motor mounts swing the ass end of your motor up to take up slack then tighten it then go to your tension wheel reset the tension position making sure its not to tigh about a half inch play if the bike sounds like a tank pushing it there is too much tension.

Back