Boy go fast/engine

Skyliner70cc

Local time
11:39 PM
Note: After posting this, I went online and noticed that this vendor now sells engines with the locking clutch lever, roller wrist pin bearing, and bearing wheel tensioner. If clutch and paint issues are improved then my review may no longer be applicable. Please submit your experience with these engines!

I've had the opportunity to purchase two of his engines over the last 3 months.

Here are my general observations:

1. Quick shipping is a plus.
2. First engine was not properly packed and the plastic throttle assembly was (crushed) damaged. Vendor replaced it reluctantly but said he normally requires buyers to file a claim with the shipping company. Shipping company would not have honored the claim if I had. The box was not damaged on the outside.
3. Cheap older style clutch assembly. Yuk! These types NEVER work on amy of my bikes. They can't be depressed sufficiently to lock on my Skyliners or Searcher bikes.
4. Both engines start easily and are VERY smooth. Much less vibration than my older Dax engines. My only comment regarding the engine is that the engine is very sensitive to the choke setting and requires some fiddling with the choke while starting to get it to fire up. I drilled out the hole on the choke plate and opened up the airflow going into the engine. This solved the problem and engine now starts easily on full choke.

5. Clutch: BAD. Unlike Dax engines, the clutch cannot be adjusted properly. To this day, I cannot find an appropriate setting on the cable that allows me to have the clutch engage completely when released and NOT spin the wheel when it is locked into place. I have never had this issue with Dax or Kings motorbike engines. Also, the clutch setting seems to be tempermental and dependent on temperature. On colder days, releasing the clutch lever does not allow 100% positive engagement and clutch slips when starting. On warmer days the opposite is true and locking clutch does not completely allow disengagement. This is a deal breaker for me and the 75 bucks I saved in buying these engines is not worth it in my opinion.

6. Power: First engine power came on quickly with my normal break in procedure and was pulling 25 up hill on a 50 tooth sprocket. Second engine can only muster 17 mph. I'll let you know if things change.

7. Paint: Probably the worst paint quality I have seen in the almost 50 Happy time kits I've purchased over the past several years. If you value a decent paint job on your tank and chain guard, look elsewhere.

Overall comments: Value is offset by the clutch issue, need to buy locking clutch and a true roller bearing chain tensioner and lousy paint job. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
boy gofast

im diging my bgf-z80/66cc motor runs great starts up easy.if you pay attention to it and listen to it it will treat you well(just like a woman)

Thanks everyone

I'm new to this motorbike stuff, and the help I found here by reading the threads was excellent. I found all of the problems I was having, answered. thanks again. I hope to have many hours of fun riding.

Strong vibration

I built my bike from scratch about 2 days ago. It has a 32t sprocket, custom sprocket hub adapter (spokes are free), and a 66c bgf motor. My question is do these bgf motors always vibrate real bad when you hit top speed? My previous motor didn't. Do they tend to get faster and smoother the more mileage you put on them?

Attachments

• Motor Bike.jpg
    Motor Bike.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 655
Depends on the engine. Some run smooth up to max rpm and some will numb your hands at anything higher than idle ;-)

If you just built it two days ago you shouldn't be hitting top speed yet. You need at least 300 to 500 miles for break-in. I always go with the former. Keep it under 20mph too.

I built my bike from scratch about 2 days ago. It has a 32t sprocket, custom sprocket hub adapter (spokes are free), and a 66c bgf motor. My question is do these bgf motors always vibrate real bad when you hit top speed? My previous motor didn't. Do they tend to get faster and smoother the more mileage you put on them?

built from scratch huh?
did you design and weld the frame together?
:geek:

Was this a Huasheng 4 stroke?

Well, the engine seized after 70 miles on it. The roller bearing failed causing roller bearing pins to jam between the piston and cylinder. in defense of the engine, I was doing 32 mph on a 50 tooth sprocket. I believe I overrevved it. Regardless, never had this issue with any other manufacturer with their engines. No oil holes to lube the roller pin bearings were observed drilled at factory...hmmmmm

Hi I was wondering if you were talking about the Huasheng 4 stroke engine? I went through three of these motors. The motors kept seizing after about the same amount of of miles as you were talking about (70ish). I put about 2 grand into my bike and it's just collecting dust in my dad's garage. I really want to get her running again but don't want to waste any more money on bad engines. I didn't take on rebuilding the motor due to lack of experience and laziness. I miss riding her so much. I was looking at the Phantom Edition Deluxe 2 Stroke 58cc Gas Engine kit on Bicycleengines.com Can anyone point me in the right direction?
[h=1][/h]

Back