Boy-go-fast VS Powerkingshop, pricewise

sofasurfer

Local time
12:27 PM
Anyone using the $119 80cc from Boy-go-fast? Is the $140 60cc from Powerkingshop any better? Or is the service what you are paying for? Whats up with the price differance?

I've purchased many engines from both suppliers.
Haven't found much difference between the two except that the PKS engines are packed better, so there's less of a chance of damage.

But then again, I've never gotten a "perfect" engine kit. There's always something wrong, whether is be scratches, dents, bent studs, bent fins, etc. As long as you know what you're getting into when you buy one, you'll be okay.

Personally, I would get a Grubee kit. They are still rough around the edges (all of the HT kits are), but are the best for just a little more money than the others.

I bought from Boygofast....and it was a great kit!

only one fin was SLIGHTLY tweaked, but it was so minor i just left it.

everything was straight and true. Plus, i got his pull start motor.

I bought a BGF "80" cc engine for my first MB - about a year ago now. Still runs great, over 3k miles. It has the 8mm head studs.

The only problems I've had haven't really been related to the engine or the carb or exhaust. The clutch handle included with the kit snapped off at the mount when I tried to put it on the first time, the twist-grip throttle didn't fit the cable properly, and broke, and the rag-joint sprocket mount wasn't cut evenly. The rubber rings were thicker on one side than the other, and this has made it well-nigh impossible to mount the sprocket straight.

It isn't a perfect kit, but I haven't spent anywhere near as much to keep it going as I would have paid for a rack mount engine kit.

-Mark

BGF 80cc (actually 66cc, maybe) kit:
The kit came with no spark plug and a broken exhaust gasket.

The engine has been run for about 25 hours, almost 500 miles. Along the way:

Broken clutch lever.
Clutch arm lost its retaining pin.
Muffler end fell off.

Not too bad. The bike runs about a 25:1 mix Walmart outboard oil, the cheapest oil I could find by the gallon. The biggest initial problem is getting the bicycle to tolerate the vibration and not lose every nut and bolt.

Back