Boygofast 47mm sleeved cylinder info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking out the BGF sleeved cyl that i was running initially, i think it has slipped.
I had the other one pinned before i put it on so hopefully it will not slip.

I just looked into the ex. port and noticed some cyl there where there was not previously.

I guess i'll take this one to the machinest and have him pin this one too, then just take off the fall of the sleeve on the ex and intake ports.

Just a forewarning, keep your eyes on that cyl for slippage or have it pinned.

Been drinkin tonight so will get some pics tomorrow.

Hopefully i can get clear pics of the slippage. And it sort of looks like it twisted a bit too.

So i only had two pins put into the one that i installed today, should we go with 4 pins though?

Man all this s**te really gets me confused even if i don't have a couple beers :ROFLMAO:

I would like to see how you had it pinned. Thanks for the heads up.

My plan was to just drill and tap for a few set screws, put it in the oven at 300 - 400f then tighten the screws. Don't know if that will work but it does in my brain lol.

The guy at the machine shop down the block did it. I'm not sure what they used as a pin though but it's small

Just got back from his shop, i asked what he pinned the sleeved cyl with and he told me he just tacked to the sleeve from the outside through the drilled hole, he said once he got the tack he just filled the hole then said it'll never fall or twist as long as that weld tack holds.

I would like to see how you had it pinned. Thanks for the heads up.

My plan was to just drill and tap for a few set screws, put it in the oven at 300 - 400f then tighten the screws. Don't know if that will work but it does in my brain lol.

I think i am gonna try the DIY on this sleeved cyl i have off now myself, with some small self tappers possibly?

ok so the sleeve has a nub to hold it at that hole. pretty sure youll be good it's part of the sleeve

ok so the sleeve has a nub to hold it at that hole. pretty sure youll be good it's part of the sleeve

That's what he said, "nub" and filled the hole with weld? i guess.
He did two sides the same way on the sleeved cyl i installed yesterday, so hopefully we get No slippage on this go around.

I really think that i can DIY a couple tiny self tappers though, taking my time of course.

Keep yor fingers crossed @JerboaJohn (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back