Braaap.

Dude wha happened to all the torque you were talking about? I ride some trails around here like the second part you were on but I do it at night at 35-40 mph I am going to try to get a video of it!
You climb mountains there?
Cool stuff. See the front end come up at the sign-post just after 4:20? Remember that I stand 26" in front of my rear wheel. That's the torque. She's scary sometimes. Trys to hit me in the face with the front tire! lol.

Attachments

• 001 - Copy (16).JPG
    001 - Copy (16).JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 234
You climb mountains there?
Cool stuff. See the front end come up at the sign-post just after 4:20? Remember that I stand 26" in front of my rear wheel. That's the torque. She's scary sometimes. Trys to hit me in the face with the front tire! lol.

Yeah well some do refer to it as The Mountain but in reality it's the Niagara Escarpment where I can jump on the Rail trail that runs along the length of the escarpment half way up!That links into the Bruce Trail so from here in Hamilton I can ride the trail over 100 miles of it down to Ft Erie or Niagra Fallls depending weather you come off the west side or the east side and when you come up and down along it and some of the valleys have grades that will climb 2-3 hundred ft in rise with 6-7 hundred ft run crazy 30 plus percent or 18-20 degree grades unfit for vehicle use!I make that run at least twice a year full length there and back and all summer there is not to many nights I'm not on it for an hour or so!

Yeah well some do refer to it as The Mountain but in reality it's the Niagara Escarpment where I can jump on the Rail trail that runs along the length of the escarpment half way up!That links into the Bruce Trail so from here in Hamilton I can ride the trail over 100 miles of it down to Ft Erie or Niagra Fallls depending weather you come off the west side or the east side and when you come up and down along it and some of the valleys have grades that will climb 2-3 hundred ft in rise with 6-7 hundred ft run crazy 30 plus percent or 18-20 degree grades unfit for vehicle use!I make that run at least twice a year full length there and back and all summer there is not to many nights I'm not on it for an hour or so!
You didn't even watch the video did you? I'll watch yours in entirety before commenting. That's kinda a courtesy.

I'll ask on this thread also. Where did you get the rear dropout for your bike? I'm building a full suspention bike but am having trouble finding something light weight without building one from scratch.

You didn't even watch the video did you? I'll watch yours in entirety before commenting. That's kinda a courtesy.
Sure i watched the full video and pt 2 and what I saw just prior to 4:20 was a small grade that stallled your engine!When you were on the road was the only time the engine was unloaded and rpm was in the upper range.There is a sweet spot on all engines where while in this spot the engine pulls cleanly and doesn't load up as much on steep grades but it's usually around 5,700 rpm and yours doesn't seem to get there!So what I dont understand is you say that you have all this available torque and wheel standing power and yet all I see and hear is a loaded up strugling engine on terrain that you should be climbing with ease!

Sure i watched the full video and pt 2 and what I saw just prior to 4:20 was a small grade that stallled your engine!When you were on the road was the only time the engine was unloaded and rpm was in the upper range.There is a sweet spot on all engines where while in this spot the engine pulls cleanly and doesn't load up as much on steep grades but it's usually around 5,700 rpm and yours doesn't seem to get there!So what I dont understand is you say that you have all this available torque and wheel standing power and yet all I see and hear is a loaded up strugling engine on terrain that you should be climbing with ease!
I've stalled pulling out of a light going down hill. Please don't tell me you've never managed to stall anything, it's as simple as letting go of a clutch without having enough throttle.

Looks like he's applying more control to his riding than attempting speed records in stupidity. 40mph? On that? In the dark?!? Maybe if it was all level, and from the video you have absolutely no perspective on what's level and what's a steep hill, a larger motor could do it easily I guess, still a lot of control is needed to do that with thin standard tires, I'd be playing it easy too, plenty of rocks right in the middle of the trail to break a tire real quick.

He sounds like he's pushing his rpm on the road but not getting much speed. Maybe a gear ratio thing or he's just still working on the pipe and is just limited.

I also really really failed to see where you made the connection between torque and riding at 40mph on a trail. From what I understand you sacrifice speed for torque, and vice versa.

Above all else your commentary was snotty, it didn't even seem to respond to anything, you b**ch about his torque (which I'm sure he has and you have the vaguest clue to how much since you've obviously never ridden his bike) and then when he corrects you by stating he does have torque you go off about the technicalities in what mountain is named what, and proceed to tell us about how often you ride it. Really no connection to anything.

Remember you're talking about a 66cc motor in its experimental stage for tuning, you haven't got the foggiest idea if the engine was having a problem that day, no idea how much the OP weighs (because you understand that 150 pounds is an easier load than a 250 one, especially for a measly 66ccs) and you don't even know why it stalled in the first place.

For the most part he looks like he was riding just freaking fine when he wasn't pedaling, and since he clearly knows how to fabricate s**t he probably has a pretty damn good idea behind a well running motor vs one that sucks.

Stop being such a snob.

Last edited:
For real... where did you find, take from, build, steal or had given to you that rear dropouts suspension?

I've stalled pulling out of a light going down hill. Please don't tell me you've never managed to stall anything, it's as simple as letting go of a clutch without having enough throttle.

Looks like he's applying more control to his riding than attempting speed records in stupidity. 40mph? On that? In the dark?!? Maybe if it was all level, and from the video you have absolutely no perspective on what's level and what's a steep hill, a larger motor could do it easily I guess, still a lot of control is needed to do that with thin standard tires, I'd be playing it easy too, plenty of rocks right in the middle of the trail to break a tire real quick.

He sounds like he's pushing his rpm on the road but not getting much speed. Maybe a gear ratio thing or he's just still working on the pipe and is just limited.

I also really really failed to see where you made the connection between torque and riding at 40mph on a trail. From what I understand you sacrifice speed for torque, and vice versa.

Above all else your commentary was snotty, it didn't even seem to respond to anything, you b**ch about his torque (which I'm sure he has and you have the vaguest clue to how much since you've obviously never ridden his bike) and then when he corrects you by stating he does have torque you go off about the technicalities in what mountain is named what, and proceed to tell us about how often you ride it. Really no connection to anything.

Remember you're talking about a 66cc motor in its experimental stage for tuning, you haven't got the foggiest idea if the engine was having a problem that day, no idea how much the OP weighs (because you understand that 150 pounds is an easier load than a 250 one, especially for a measly 66ccs) and you don't even know why it stalled in the first place.

For the most part he looks like he was riding just freaking fine when he wasn't pedaling, and since he clearly knows how to fabricate sh*t he probably has a pretty damn good idea behind a well running motor vs one that sucks.

Stop being such a snob.
I am a firm beleiver in speaking the truth! In his previous post his claim was that there is so much torque he could climb verticaly and has to fight to keep the front wheel from hitting him in the face and the video is what he posted as proof!Now dont get me wrong It's a sick bike and an amazing place to ride no question but now honestly listen to the engine on small grades or when he first comes on the throttle from coasting. There is braging and then out right bs sorry but I only see the latter!Also c'mon now frankenstein you know you need torque to get up to speed and then to maintain it should more load be incurred by adding a grade with out it your going nowhere but stall oh yeah thats what happened lol!

Back