Bracket help

Take some better pictures of the shock clamp. You could put some plumber's screen between the rubber inserts and the shock clamp.

31321-2.jpg

You can always Epoxy (JB Weld) the Shock clamp on

Lather it up with JB weld and clamp it on, I bet it won't move, But it'll be there for good until you surgically remove it LOL

Take the black clamp off and sand the inside edges and grind a 1-2mm off the bolts and try again. Keep sanding and grinding until she's tight.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing might work. I was more or less hoping someone might have a suggestion of a different clamp.

I know I can make it work. After sitting on it for just a few moments I can tell it’s gonna be great when all said and done.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing might work. I was more or less hoping someone might have a suggestion of a different clamp.

I know I can make it work. After sitting on it for just a few moments I can tell it’s gonna be great when all said and done.
I love customizations, it's cheaper than getting another part that may or may not work. The bench belt sander has fixed many a thing.

I love customizations, it's cheaper than getting another part that may or may not work. The bench belt sander has fixed many a thing.
Yeah that’s true. Plus the satisfaction of making it yourself.

I’m using a 700c bike with 26” parts so it’s been a bit of challenge. I’m new to modifying/customization. Most of my experience has been replace part with the exact same. Stuff like car brakes, water pump, and alternator. I am learning as I go and it’s been a lot of fun.

If only I could get the wife to under stand! Haha!

You won't have to cut your screws shorter if you wrap the outside of the rubber inserts with some plumber's screen. It looked like the sides of the clamps were touching together, so you'd also have to grind down the sides of the through hole side of the clamp in order to draw the clamp tighter. The best part of all is plumber's screen is very affordable. I'd even put some between the rubber insert and seat stay as well. Then when you tighten it down it won't move.

I have been busy and haven’t had much time to work on it but I finally got the suspension on there. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• 302B969B-8001-4BEE-A362-84EF2C1842FB.jpeg
    302B969B-8001-4BEE-A362-84EF2C1842FB.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 419236A4-6095-4318-B451-764BA7D9E9F9.jpeg
    419236A4-6095-4318-B451-764BA7D9E9F9.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 57
Back