Brake arm broke

Whizzer 58

Local time
3:08 PM
I had to make a fast stop on my bike and the rear brake arm broke , it's the one that goes on the rear axle and it's a heavy gauge steel about 4" long and the width varies from 1-1/8" to 1-1/2".
It's black in color with 2 holes, one for the light switch and a return spring, I looked on the whizzer web site and could not find the part. Does someone out there sell them. thanks .........Ed

You have to buy the entire hub, part number AC211, $29.60 retail. If you broke the arm, most likely there is additional internal damage to the brake assembly, or possibly a bent axle. You can remove the "guts' and install in your current hub [if not damaged], or relace the wheel with the new hub. I clean all the grease from the hub, and replace with a high grade synt. wheel bearing grease.
Correction.................. arm is part number 17101A, but make sure the rest of the parts are ok in the hub.

Have fun,
Quenton

Last edited:
Coaster Brake Arm

Hi well I have "spun the center out" of 2 of those, and sold the spare I had to a customer. I know there is no part number but I think I remember ordering one.

The repair I did on 2 of my bikes was to go thru the coaster, clean and regrease, replaced 1 bearing, and thenput a regular coaster brake arm on the hub, and put a standard coaster strap on the chainstay.

This does kill the rear brakelight, tho you can add a switch to the clutch lever and lite the rear up that way, not legal, but does work.

Check it out, and see what you think,

Mike

Thanks everyone for the info, I'm going on vacation and I'll check the rear wheel out when I get back from my moped ride in Bryson City, N.C.
regards Ed.

Hi Wizzer58 Just talk to whizzer that brake arm is available by it self part #17101A and retails for $7.10 and is in stock.So order from any Whizzer dealer.. Hope this helps you ... Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer

New brake arm arrived today, took the hub apart and every thing looks good, nothing broke or bent. I cleaned the hub and greased the bearings, now I need to know how every thing goes back together again. Anyone out there have an exploded view of the rear coaster hub? thanks.......Ed

Whizzer vs Bendix

Good call Kilroy! the Whizzer brake is VERY much like that RB-2, and it was interesting to see tham say that thier parts would interchange inside the shell!

I had always believed that they would IF the shell was the same diameter, and that the parts themselves were compatable as a group.

This would mean that you could rebuild a Bendix with Hi-Stop, or Shimano type parts, other than the outer race, and brake arm.

Mike

Back