Brake Cable Housing

I meant to wake up and go to the community bike shop this morning but I ended up missing their open hours. It is a nonprofit bike shop where you can do your own work with their tools and pay for your parts. The kit from Walmart's housing isn't long enough. I am reluctant to go to the professional bike shop because they always scoff at dealing with my MB inquiries. I've had them say, "that can't be done" and then with your guys' help I do it myself. I'll just wait until next Saturday and hit up the DIY bike shop. Thanks for all of your input.

This is gonna be a sweet ride. I am finally getting my Kent Bayside ready for duty once again. Changing from 56 tooth with caliper brakes to a 36 tooth with disc brakes. I rode this on short (<5 miles) city trips almost every day up until January. But on wheels not made for caliper brakes so this "upgrade" is necessary.

yeah but it was only a 3 meter length, enough for one bike.
yes. I got a lot of housing that I can use for the front brake. I just need housing to reach the rear. The way the BikeBerry disc brake adapters sit (down and rear of the dropout) it requires a longer than normal housing.

yes. I got a lot of housing that I can use for the front brake. I just need housing to reach the rear. The way the BikeBerry disc brake adapters sit (down and rear of the dropout) it requires a longer than normal housing.
I hope the 6' 2 meter cables are long enough... lemme cancel that order and do some measuring.

Back