Brake Help

DistantWolrld101

When installing back onto the bike i noticed one of these pieces(Picture) for my brake is missing i still have the Arm,Spring,Screw and washer just not this piece
the other arm has everything still (this is for a occ chopper) is there a way to use the break without this or to make something that will work the same?

or if possible a way to just buy this piece cause i would rather not spend 20 + dollars on a whole arm just for this piece

darwin

Do you have a pic of the other setup on the bike installed? What model occ chopper?

The_Aleman

That piece should be universal, you can get one off another bicycle with post brakes.
If you run without it, your brakes will not auto-center. Buying a whole new brake can be pretty cheap, too.

Edit: now I see the post is a lil bit broken on the frame...Does the remaining piece still work on that side?

DistantWolrld101

Yes the brakes did work but right now there disconnected and they worked very very well

It could Al's just be a bad camera angle

DistantWolrld101

On the stingray is there a way i can use this Adjustable disc brake adapter to install the disc brake mount and use the zeda angel roller front wheel with disc brake attachment to give the occ stingray a front disc brake

mark20

When installing back onto the bike i noticed one of these pieces(Picture) for my brake is missing i still have the Arm,Spring,Screw and washer just not this piece
the other arm has everything still (this is for a occ chopper) is there a way to use the break without this or to make something that will work the same?

or if possible a way to just buy this piece cause i would rather not spend 20 + dollars on a whole arm just for this piece

View attachment 86266
thats the spring adjuster for a v brake or cantilever brakes, you could run it if your brake posts have little holes in them, you just have to put the spring in there and adjust the other side (i had to do this when i had cantilever brakes, the adjuster broke as they were plastic and like 15 years old)
its possible yes, but not the most practical or safest route.

DistantWolrld101

thats the spring adjuster for a v brake or cantilever brakes, you could run it if your brake posts have little holes in them, you just have to put the spring in there and adjust the other side (i had to do this when i had cantilever brakes, the adjuster broke as they were plastic and like 15 years old)
its possible yes, but not the most practical or safest route.
This is the link and this is the picture they used on how to install that is why i ask

mark20

This is the link and this is the picture they used on how to install that is why i ask

View attachment 86301
Yea I have one of those, there for the rear only. They do make front specific ones as well. You just have to look. They do work and are somewhat solid. But keep in mind that the cost is pretty big. ( main reason I didnt end up using mine on my bike)

DistantWolrld101

Yeah well right now I have no brakes cause i lost the spring holder for my back brakes

and i have no front at all so i am thinking about paying the 109$ on pedal chopper for the Clamp on Brake Bosses and brake arms and a dual brake lever