Brake Light/Turn Signal Combo

zipdrivex

Local time
11:20 PM
I ordered this kit off of Amazon.com and it should be here sometime in the middle of next week. I'll post pictures and let everyone know how they work. I may end up redesigning the switch to make it smaller and less *** looking but I won't know until I see it and try to put it on.

Attachments

• da23_1.jpg
    da23_1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,419
bought the exact same kit about a month ago, was disappointed with the size of the unit containing the turn signals and brake light. I bought it to turn into a decicated brake light as i already have a quality set of turn signals. (http://www.bicygnals.com)

Messed around soldering for an hour of two and got fustrated with the **** thing and threw it into my bike parts box. I found some dedicated brake lights and went with those instead.

(http://www.motorcyclestuffs.com/servlet/the-57/Wireless-Brake-Light,-Electronics,/Detail)

The whole set up wasnt cheap around $200 but it will keep the police off my back as i use my bike most days over a 10 mile urban commute.

The unit will pass for legality reasons if the police want to give you a hard time, after all it does have turn signals, brake light and a horn, good as a temp fix but if i were you would look to upgrade in the not to distant future...

The bicygnals wouldn't work with the shape of my handlebars. Were you dissapointed that they were too small or too big? I appreciate your input.

I ordered this kit off of Amazon.com and it should be here sometime in the middle of next week. I'll post pictures and let everyone know how they work. I may end up redesigning the switch to make it smaller and less *** looking but I won't know until I see it and try to put it on.

If you don't mind how much did you pay for that....I just ordered the same thing from a different source.

Mich

I have ordered 20 of these units wholesale, and I plan to mount them on future builds that I perform for customers. I have rigged up a metal box-type container, and I plan on padding with foam or something, because the vibration causes problems. This particular device is really cheap and flimsy looking, but it's the only all in one thing that I've found that doesn't cost too much! I'm trying some different ideas to beef it up a bit, perhaps I could remove the electronics from the case and put them in a stronger box with better switches. I need it mostly for the brakelight, it's mandatory here in Alberta.

cost around $10,

they were too small for my liking should have done more research as it does tell you the size,

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6505&d=1209421887

i nearly sure this is the same unit so it will give you a good idea about their size.

The reason i went with the bignals is they are as professional looking setup you will find for a bicycle without making your own lights. + they have two sets of indicators one up front and one at the rear, the major downside is no brake light.

They are big and take away some of the "its is just a bike feel" but for my commute in crazy traffic they are a must.

The set you ordered will work just fine, they are very lightweight but with some glue and tlc they should hold up.

These are junk, junk, junk. I bought 2, and put them on 2 different bikes. One lasted for 2 rides, the other for 3 rides. They didnt cost much so I salved a few parts and threw them in the trash. They would have been ideal if they were built to last. I would have paid triple if they worked.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 724
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 739
these things are bad. dont buy them. i bought mine off ebay and they ship from china. the mount that it clips in to broke right off. send them back

Today I bought some silicon and expanding foam (my God how the money flies into this hobby!).
My plan is to mount this item into a metal enclosure, and seal it from vibration, water and physical damage. If I can fiddle with the controller a bit, make it a bit more durable, that would be ideal, but the brake light is what I'm really after!

Back