Brakelight

Walmart purchase for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-220710.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-220710.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 78
I used an ATV brake light switch. Cable operated. Put a new cable on the rear brake and left it long. Ran the extra thru some tube to where the switch is mounted. Tension spring between the cable & switch. Brake light comes on with the rear brake, ta da! The light itself is a cheap moto light, uses an 1156 bulb so it's visible day or night.

I used an ATV brake light switch. Cable operated. Put a new cable on the rear brake and left it long. Ran the extra thru some tube to where the switch is mounted. Tension spring between the cable & switch. Brake light comes on with the rear brake, ta da! The light itself is a cheap moto light, uses an 1156 bulb so it's visible day or night.
Nothing like a good ol' mechanical switch, instead of leaving it to some motion sensor that I can't even get to light the light in my driveway. Haven't you seen Maximum Overdrive?

Did you mean not to rub your rim or tire?
Is that a new brake design the pad goes directly to the rubber tire not the rim or disc?

I'm kinda of interested because I had to order mag rims yes, the bike ferry sent me fouled up billet to too long bypasses the pad, got one on it's way then to kill 2 birds with the same stone order suspension forks disc factory ready.

But, from what I recall disc brakes were not that great and if you
boo-boo on something a $23.00 pad well be worn completely out on just one ride.

So do you have a link to the Teflon brake system like to check it out?
I should !! That's why I did it. Because I used reverse hand levers right for throttle left for clutch the way my drop bars are built your hands are completely turned sideways on the grips so I didn't use a twist grip throttle. But yeah it works great . I also did away with the oversized back disc it looked stupid and the stoping power wasn't that great so I did a rear skid brake with a tephlon pad so not to wear my tire

I get a real kick out of this...If inspector hadn't "blocked" me, he would have noticed that i already had posted the answers to his questions on page 2 of this thread...lol...Only hurting himself...lol...DAMIEN

EDIT...By blocking me, he is unable to read my posts unless he either unblocks, or views the post before logging in...lol.

I get a real kick out of this...If inspector hadn't "blocked" me, he would have noticed that i already had posted the answers to his questions on page 2 of this thread...lol...Only hurting himself...lol...DAMIEN
You should know by now that the inspector has the attention span of a Hummingbird

Back