Brakes on Huffy Nel Lusso

sbron8

Local time
9:26 PM
I just got a huffy Nel lusso to mount my 2 stroke 80 cc motor too. Can anyone who has done it recommend brakes, either disc or caliper brakes I could add?

Disc brakes take a special wheel that has a disc brake hubs. I put caliper brakes on my cranny, just pick a good set off Amazon.

If you look for 96mm reach brakes they will work, on a beach cruiser I mount the side pull style where the fender was mounted, v-type will require welding mounting nuts on the forks but are better because of the mechanical advantage, if you get BMX style they are heavyweight and usually have better brake pads.

Long-Reach Cruiser Brakes #1080 work on the front wheel. These are the ones I found.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Disc brakes are best but you will probably need a new front fork and new front wheel, but decent "V" (rim) brakes really are good enough.
Disk brakes are the best way to go...You do not necessarily need to change the front fork though...What i did on my build was use the usual caliper adapter which has a fork that resides in the spindle at the drop down...if your able to find the right size Aviation use, "Adel" clamp that fits around your front fork and locktite the nut and bolt hold down for it, it will not budge and be quite sturdy, i have hundreds of miles on the set up now as proof of the pudding...I also do not use the stock spoke wheels but use mag wheels as they are already set up to directly attach disk rotors without use of flimsy adapters...DAMIEN

Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0348.jpg

DAMIEN1307 I want to copy what you did with the brakes. Can you provide more specific information on caliber brand, model you used, adapters you used. Front and Back please.

Like you said "the usual caliber adapter" but I am unsure what that is. I can see the disc in back is much larger than disc in front.. did that require special modifications ?​

DAMIEN1307 I want to copy what you did with the brakes. Can you provide more specific information on caliber brand, model you used, adapters you used. Front and Back please.​

Like you said "the usual caliber adapter" but I am unsure what that is. I can see the disc in back is much larger than disc in front.. did that require special modifications ?​

Follow the links and instructions starting from a post I had made below sometime back, (Dec. 6th 2021), in how to do the changeover I did and most of the things you will need to do this...Enjoy...DAMIEN

Be aware I did not use the calipers that came with the mags but chose the Rujoi caliper set instead...You can still use the Disks that come with the mags though that you will find the link to in the URL thread above.

Follow these links below to see where I got the parts I use.

I am going to be changing my calipers to a cable actuated hydraulic caliper set in the near future...You won't have to change or adapt anything else to use these calipers except the brake pads which are different.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back