Brakes?

Unkle Bluto

Local time
3:24 PM
So my 2007 with 400 miles has the most anemic brakes. I took the fronts down and there is plenty of pad. I think I just need a different way to STOP. Whats out there and actually works?

2007 Whizzer with 400 miles on it. Drum brakes on the front, GB-430 Gigapower "thing" on the rear. I checked the fronts and the shoes have plenty on them so if I can figure out what the back is (drum, strap) I'll check it - prefer to know what I'd be looking at before I tear into it. Last ride was almost terrifying - I definately need proper braking.

Attachments

• IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Couple more pictures....

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 145
2007 Whizzer with 400 miles on it. Drum brakes on the front, GB-430 Gigapower "thing" on the rear. I checked the fronts and the shoes have plenty on them so if I can figure out what the back is (drum, strap) I'll check it - prefer to know what I'd be looking at before I tear into it. Last ride was almost terrifying - I definately need proper braking.

The front drum brake wheel should be good. The rear brake sucks. I see ya got an auto clutch. So Coaster Brake is out
Cruzzer M/B makes a disc brake wheel and disc brake kit for the Whizzer Ya might like that.
Disc Brake Kit www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/disc-brake-kit-change-over-for-re-pro-whizzers-and-cruzzers/
Wheel www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/ambassador-wheels/ Talk to Paul at Whizzer - Cruzzer parts. He will make you a deal.
Just the wheel don"t cost that much. That pic is just to give you an idea what your wheel will look like.
IDK the disc brake kit might work on the wheel ya got on your bike now Ask Paul, I never converted one of those to disc brakes.

Or ya might like a rear drum brake wheel by Worksman Cycles $159 Steel Clincher rim with 11 gauge spokes M/C quality
That's what I have on my 2005 NE-5 Whizzer F&R Worksman Cycles Drum Brake wheels (y)

With the Whizzer it's best to use the F&R brakes together

Questions about the rear disc brake and wheel set up contact @mason_man He has done a few Probably knows more than Paul.
I bet he'll know if the rear wheel ya got now can be converted to disc brake

Last edited:
@mason_man and I were just talking about the Whizzer rear Disc brakes the other day.
Try contact him here 👇 if ya got questions or PM him

Last edited:
Back