Brand new huasheng carburetor wont run without choke - source of issue discovered. The throttle control bit has an air leak. How do i go about solving

Deliveryfoot

Local time
1:31 PM
First of all i'd like to extend a warm 'f*** you' to gasbike.net. Their customer support is non-existent and i've been ignored consistently.

here's a picture of the part i mean, since i dont know the name.

I skimmed some information from various websites and learned that i can use carb cleaner to diagnose air-leaks. Although my gumout carb cleaner just kills the engine when sprayed directly into the carb, it also kills it if i spray it at the throttle control.

So what now? Can a know-nothing manage to mend this issue? I don't have spare parts and i doubt gasbikes is ever going to compensate me on this one. Where can i get a nice carb replacement in Canada for my "Ghost Racer 7G T-Belt Drive V-Mount Engine Kit Special Edition With HuaSheng 49cc 4-Stroke "?

Do you think i can take this to some car mechanic or grease monkey and have them fix it for me?

I can help you fix it if you're anywhere near Kelowna. Or, call these guys and see if they have a line on a carb, https://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/

Or look on Amazon.
Yeah, I've had such a good experience with motorizedbicycle.ca Support pulled through for me on a clutch issue.

But I've wasted money before buying things that don't really fit EXACTLY and so i fear buying something off amazon or their website will just yield that same issue. If anyone can, please help me confirm which carb will fit on the exact engine fit i got.

And sadly, im way over in TO. Would have been happy to ride out if you were closer haha.

Can you move that butterfly from side to side at all? You shouldn't feel any movement at all. That's a weird issue unless you have 10,000 miles on the carb = lots of wear. Are you sure the plastic manifold and 2 gaskets are tight and not leaking? Is the manifold cracked at all? 1 other possibility is the idle control jet located under the idle stop screw, black plastic, might be leaking air from the rubber oring being torn or whatever. That jet comes out by twisting it and gently pulling upwards. Use a fine wire from an electrical cord or wire brush to clean the brass jet, it's tiny. Make sure the oring/s are pliable and seal correctly when reinstalling. That jet is responsible for causing a lot of issues for folks on that motor. If you need new orings last time I looked thatsdax.com had them under his parts pages. HF carries an oring kit that works with orings close in size but they do seal when used.

Back