Brand New Motorized Bicycle won't start

I moved the chamber up purposely that is he only way I can see the intake port without moving the chamber up the intake is covered when the piston is at it's lowest position
I know little about these 2 stroke engines. I'm a 4 stroke guy. It looks like your cylinder in not seating down into the crankcase, but is sticking up way high. the shiny base of the cylinder is machined to fit all the way down into the case. take the cylinder off and try to see why it isn't going all the way down. The intake port is not being uncovered fully when the piston is at bottom dead center. Good luck.

I just wanted to say when I remove the spark plug and pour a little bit of gas in the piston it will just escape through the exhaust pipe. My belief is that who ever built this engine has machined the intake port too low.

you are free to believe what you like, but did you somehow miss my prev post??

I have cleaned my jet and is it normal for the intake manifold to be below the piston and what are the other two holes on the sides for?
you are free to believe what you like, but did you somehow miss my prev post??
the other two holes on the sides for?

If my needle is moving up and down when I am using the throttle does that mean is is properly cliped?
if your plug is still dry after all that, then I'd suspect that your needle isn't properly clipped & has fallen down to block the jet

I once got a kit in which the intake gasket had no hole in it (factory defect) but that is really rare.

lets try again

the air (and fuel) goes in the carb, thru the intake & port, UNDER the piston & into the crankcase - then, it goes up the 2 passages on the SIDES of the cylinder to get to the top of the piston to be fired by the plug

so there seems nothing wrong with your motor as far as port location goes

now, if your spark plug is not getting wet with fuel, something is keeping the fuel from getting there - usually, that means something is wrong in the carb

Oh I am truly sorry I din't understand you but now I know what your trying to say so what do you suppose could be wrong with my carb and yes your right my spark plug is not getting wet
lets try again

the air (and fuel) goes in the carb, thru the intake & port, UNDER the piston & into the crankcase - then, it goes up the 2 passages on the SIDES of the cylinder to get to the top of the piston to be fired by the plug

so there seems nothing wrong with your motor as far as port location goes

now, if your spark plug is not getting wet with fuel, something is keeping the fuel from getting there - usually, that means something is wrong in the carb

Oh I am truly sorry I din't understand you but now I know what your trying to say so what do you suppose could be wrong with my carb and yes your right my spark plug is not getting wet
It is far more likely that there is something wrong with your carb. Mine had a piece of s*** fuel intake valve that I ended up removing. Look at the "My CBR 600 Motorized Bike Build" on the general discussion page for more info on the issues I ran into. I hope this helps!

It is far more likely that there is something wrong with your carb. Mine had a piece of s*** fuel intake valve that I ended up removing. Look at the "My CBR 600 Motorized Bike Build" on the general discussion page for more info on the issues I ran into. I hope this helps!

The petcock on my 80cc China motor came mislabeled. In the 90 degree position (relative to fuel lines) it's truly OFF but is labeled "ON." The opposite is true of my moped too-when the petcock is parallel to the fuel lines it's labeled OFF but is actually "ON." It took several hours for me to sort out during the initial build.

Pull the fuel line off your carb, then turn your petcock to both ON & OFF and make sure fuel is flowing in the position you think it should be. That should further isolate the problem.

My belief is that who ever built this engine has machined the intake port too low.

That is a 66cc Skyhawk engine, it is not designed wrong ;-}

Take your air filter off and verify the choke is staying open and when you move the throttle the barrel comes up and you see the needle.

Back