brand new PHATMOTO engine ceased after 2 miles.... replacement ideas/advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see if this works

Try getting some starter fuild. Just take off the filter and spray it into the carburator. If it kicks over its the carb that need cleaning. Just take one step at a time
nope. not a damn thing happens different... i think maybe the piston rings are broken because it has no compression whatsoever

Pull the pull start side cover off and look inside, that sounds like the pull cord isn't engaging the flywheel.

No it won't spin if the start mechanism is broke, you're right about that. Have you had the valve cover off? Look under there for too tight of valves. If the piston is at TDC, both rockers should have a little wiggle room.

ok, i'll check that again now...../ if they do i might as well pull the whole thing apart again and this time check out the valves to make sure they arent bent and also the piston rings...

f*** it, i guess im just gonna buy a new motor.... cause i rebuilt this one again, checking everything and i cant seem to figure out why its still not starting and its still doing the same thing as before..... so i guess i can keep it for parts and just get a new one.... thanks guys for all your help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back